WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    Just curious if you considered the Sierra Designs Tensegrity 1 FL they had on 70% off through yesterday (under $100!). It's back to 50% off today, which is what I paid. I have one and I rather like it, but haven't had it out in a rain yet. I believe it'll do OK condensation-wise even as a hybrid (single-wall over the sleeping bag; more or less double-wall on sides), because of the excellent, if partially forced, ventilation. But I'm not sure. And some say it takes quite some room to set up, due to the broad awning of the gear shed, but I don't think it's that bad, and I like that feature quite a bit. If anything concerns me it would be the pooling of water on the roof, since it's pretty difficult to get a taut pitch. But I've found it surprisingly roomy inside (volume, not sq ft), yet quite light and compact.

Anyway I was surprised that they've not sold out, esp. at the prices offered. I fail to see much wrong with it that isn't also wrong with other hybrid, trekking-pole-supported designs. And it has a leg up in some ways, too, IMO.
    I saw that! I'm not sure how it'd do with winds that hit it from the long side; that would be my only concern.

Or something else???
    Something else.
    Definitely something else.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by lukejmills View Post
    We'll have to see and find out! I've heard many success stories with the fly creek, and don't doubt it's abilities. The biggest objective issue I've heard has been the lack of space (other concern being durability - truth is material will last if you take care of it from what I've read). Fortunately, I'm a flexible, wiry guy, so I don't take up too much space
    I just realized that you had already bought the Fly Creek, when I thought you were still deciding. I wasn’t putting it down, just offering another point to help in your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How's the footprint of a duplex? I've never seen one in person.

I currently use a hexamid tarp. Super easy to setup and I can kinda squeeze it in anywhere.

Is the duplex significantly larger?

That's the only thing keeping me from going to a two person shelter

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t bother with the footprint, just common sense campsite selection.

If there’s ever an issue call BA and they’ll make it right. Definitely mention you’re a thru. Till they get a new one to you - duct tape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I just realized that you had already bought the Fly Creek, when I thought you were still deciding. I wasn’t putting it down, just offering another point to help in your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No worries Deacon! I didn't think you were.

I just made the decision a little while ago, and feel good about the decision. Thanks for your feedback though!

I will definitely come back and post my experience using the Fly Creek

Duplex is 45x90 but you can pitch it low or high to fudge it a bit.

I bought one and sold it a few years later. Was able to get my -20 col bag. Much happier with that bag over the tent.

I someone was going to give me one or I only paid 200 for one that was never used I’d jump on it. My new summer solo set up is an oversized 10x9.5 tarp and a Borah bug bivy with head and foot caps. I believe that puts me at 28 oz. I can use the tarp all season. Multiple ways. Idk I’ll try that for a while. All in 210$ for multi use gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++