WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I think some have jumped the shark.

I'm not sure that I understand the problem; take the items that smell out of your pockets / off of your person. Is that difficult ? It's like going through security at the airport. You're making a problem out of something that is not a problem.

I leave what I might want during the night either tied to a tree or hanging on my ridgeline with this. Couldn't get the picture to load but it's an Outsak wire mesh bag with their odor block bag inside. The mice can work their tails off all night and never get to my stuff, plus keeps them distracted from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Sawyer View Post
    I'm not sure that I understand the problem; take the items that smell out of your pockets / off of your person. Is that difficult ? It's like going through security at the airport. You're making a problem out of something that is not a problem.
    OP here....yes, it's a problem when you hang your stuff for the night (or lock in the bear or raccoon box), only to realize you need your ____. (chapstick, first aid item, or whatever...)
    a pain in the neck more than a problem really
    or even more so.....a problem when you wake to find a little pest has chewed through your hipbelt to get at some forgotten item....

So I was simply asking to see if those with more experience than me had any great strategies.... a few were presented, with thanks from me!
    I like the small wire mesh bag as soaknwet suggests, just big enough for essentials to be left handy....

They come in different sizes. Mines 18"x18" and if I remember correctly it's the medium size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++