WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default NJ/PA/NY hiking partner

Hey Everyone! My name is Peter, looking for a hiking/camping partner in the NJ/PA/NY area. As of now its mostly me and a friend of mine that goes out for the weekend hike and the occasional weekend backpacking/ camping trip. My gf sometimes join too if she has the time, but shes usually busy with med school. Anyways if anyone here would like to join me and my buddy on one of our day hikes or camping trips reply here!

Just a little bit more about me. I'm 28 years old, have lived in NJ my whole life, and I'm an auto mechanic. I've been hiking all over America and recently got into backpacking so I'm hoping to do more of it. I'm planning on a AT thru hike July 2019 SOBO, and my dream is to accomplish the triple crown!

Journal Entries
    Images

I will posting a 3 day trip from NJ sections 1 & 2, and NY section 13 for the Outdoor Club of South Jersey sometime early this spring. You need to be member (cost $25 per year or less), and we usually shuttle ourselves (vs. hire someone), hike informally (meaning HYOH) and are quietly social in camp. We tend to be much older (50-60 range). If you watch meetup for the OCSJ, you don't have to "join" us if you just want to know when others will be on the trail. It will likely be a Friday, Saturday and Sunday trip. We also have a trip planned for the summer for experienced backpackers in Massachusetts, plus I will be backpacking hopefully additional northern NY sections sometime this year. Not sure where Sparta is, but we do sometimes get people joining us from the New York area.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Hi Peter:

I'm the AT Ambassador for the Town of Warwick, just to the north of Sparta. The job description for AT Ambassador is going to meetings, talking and showing photos to local civic organizations. As you can guess, it's totally a volunteer position.

i'm recently retired as the Director of Photography at a large regional newspaper which leaves me plenty of time to hike, bike and kayak on weekdays and shoot weddings and commercial jobs on weekends. I hike about three times a week in North Joisey and lower New York state mostly on the AT but occasionally on other trails.

I hike right around 2 mph on the flatlands, a little slower going uphill and a LOT slower going downhill. (It's a knee thing.) I had a partial knee replacement last summer, hence the name "Knee Jerk." Equal parts knee operation and because my wife thinks I'm a jerk. (It's a marriage thing.)

I usually try to hike on weekdays and stay out of the woods on weekends because there are just too many Weekend Warriors wandering around these parts on Saturday and Sunday. (It's a NYC thing.)

Anyway, shoot me a PM if you are interested. There are some great trail opportunities up here.
    "Never fart in your sleeping bag."

++ New Posts ++