Hello All, My old Mountain Hardwear raingear, 29 oz total, made of Conduit Silk, has pooped the bed. I've noticed that the new gear, about the same price, is considerably lighter. I've been looking at Patagonia Torrentshell, Montbell Rain Trekker, of course, the OR Helium 2 and the Precip. I use my rain gear for keeping warm in camp, mostly. I use it sailing, in the rain. I'm a poncho man ,on the trail. I'm thinking either the Patagonia, 22 oz total or the Montbell, 21 oz total. I like the features and the wgt is better than my old gear. But I can hear those 6 oz jackets and 3 oz pants calling out to me! My base wgt, pack and everything, except food and water is 13 lbs. Add 7 lbs of food and 5 of water and we are talking 25lbs. I'm sure I can find a couple of more lbs to put in my ULA Circuit. Just don't seem like those light jackets would last. What say you? I know this has been beat to death, I've read all the posts. I'm thinking of a little more durability. Seems the fabrics have come a long way in ten years. I'm listening.... Kevin