WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Parking or shuttles at Rt 284 NJ, for Spring Section Hike (NJ section 1,2 & NY sec13)

I am planning a section hike going northbound from NJ Route 284 to NY 17A. This is from NJ Section 2, through NJ Section 1, to end at the northbound end of NY Section 13, at NY 17A. (I am working to "plug" holes in my AT section hiking, and have done north and south of here.)

If I backpack with a small group, we will likely want to shuttle ourselves. From what I have read, parking overnight at Route 284 is discouraged. The note is old. If you are familiar with this location, please comment.

If parking overnight is not recommended there, or I hike solo, or as a small group, we want to shuttle, the ATC list includes George Lightcap and also notes Vernon Taxi might be available. Can anyone comment if this information seems accurate or has any other suggestion?

Thanks!
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

I give an A+++ for George
    The Vernon, NJ Taxi is a minimum of $20 anywhere, and was not on time. 20 min late.
    If going into Vernon, NJ - A resupply can be done at the mixing bowl convenient store OR DG.
    The George Inn is worth the stay for dinner
    if the Hostel is full, a stay at the quality inn is decent. Did a zero in Vernon last October.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by NJdreamer View Post
    I am planning a section hike going northbound from NJ Route 284 to NY 17A. This is from NJ Section 2, through NJ Section 1, to end at the northbound end of NY Section 13, at NY 17A. (I am working to "plug" holes in my AT section hiking, and have done north and south of here.)

If I backpack with a small group, we will likely want to shuttle ourselves. From what I have read, parking overnight at Route 284 is discouraged. The note is old. If you are familiar with this location, please comment.

If parking overnight is not recommended there, or I hike solo, or as a small group, we want to shuttle, the ATC list includes George Lightcap and also notes Vernon Taxi might be available. Can anyone comment if this information seems accurate or has any other suggestion?

Thanks!
    NjDreamer - I have hiked ATC from Rt 17 to VT border over last three years and would be interested in doing this bit this spring. Ping me at [email protected] if you would like to see whether logistics work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    NjDreamer - I have hiked ATC from Rt 17 to VT border over last three years and would be interested in doing this bit this spring. Ping me at [email protected] if you would like to see whether logistics work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will add your name and info to my notes for this section, and send you a note tonight. Thanks.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

++ New Posts ++