WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLightning View Post
    thanks again for all the advice... I used a heavy duty contractor trash bag, the thick ones and that's what ended up with a ton of pin holes... it was after using it for a little while but I still lost my trust in it. Is a "trash compactor liner" the same thing pretty much?

I really found it to be a pain packing with a liner for the entire bag and then it ended up leaking anyway... I was thinking about making a pack cover with some tyvek that would double as an extra tarp and keep any driving rain out of the bag... even though it's supposed to be "highly water resistent" I found that to not exactly be the case.

Do you think going with a pack cover and eliminating the liner is a bad idea? ... considering I do have the dry sacs for everything to
    A contractor bag is not the same as a trash compactor bag . Not a big expense to try one . Oven cooking bag work well to.

Thom

That's going to be well over 30-35 with food water. ALOT of things you won't need. Too much clothes, etc. but you'll have to learn most of this your self.
    I would list everything I would ditch but most people are adamant about needing things before they hit the trail.

Start with that, hit Neels Gap and get a shakedown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GAME '16 4/18/16-8/12/16
    Trailjournal: http://www.trailjournals.com/jjdontplay
    Blog (Post Trail Gear Reviews): https://keeppushingon.wordpress.com/

Journal Entries

Are there any [places you can Hike at right now? I know you got pounded recently, but if you can get out for 2-3 days with the weight you can find out for yourself what you need and don't need. Also try to get out when the temperature rises for a different test. They say that people will pack for their fears. Getting out will test those fears.
    Blackheart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++