WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Section hikes 1 to 3 nights

I am older female who is wanting to do some section hikes between Hot springs NC and Marion VA over the next several summers starting with 2017. I can go on 1-3 night trips several times in the summer and maybe a 5 night once per year. If anyone is interested in having a buddy it is nice to have to have a hiking buddy along.

Hi. I am a 55 year old female looking for someone to hike the AT with. I have a 10 year plan to try and complete it all. I started last year and was able to complete 190 miles. I have not done the section you are wanting to do. I, like you, would like to hike long weekends and can take a week to cover a larger section. I still work. The lady I hiked with last year husband has medical issues so she does not want to continue due to that. If you have had others who wanted to join I would like to be included. Thanks. Also I am new to this website so I hope I have replied like I am suppose to.

I'm section hiking as well but live a bit north of you. Started last year and have finished from mid-SNP to NY/CT line. I work too and hike mainly on weekends. I plan to take a week in September and at least 2 weeks per year to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quietstorm where do you think you will hike in September? I have completed all but 8 miles in Georgia and I have hiked 115 in Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley. I took a week last year to do the Shenandoah Valley.
    Last edited by wraywalker; 06-09-2017 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by wraywalker View Post
    Quietstorm where do you think you will hike in September? I have completed all but 8 miles in Georgia and I have hiked 115 in Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley. I took a week last year to do the Shenandoah Valley.
    Connecticut and as much of Mass. as I can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

I may be interested in some of these options, and will follow this thread just in case I have vacation time in August, September or October. Thanks.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Images

As long as a monsoon does not blow in I will be doing a 1-2 night from carvers gap to 19e on June 23rd and then I plan to return on July 1 for another 2 nights in that area. I am game to join anyone at either the roan area or mt rogers area on most weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by wraywalker View Post
    Hi. I am a 55 year old female looking for someone to hike the AT with. I have a 10 year plan to try and complete it all. I started last year and was able to complete 190 miles. I have not done the section you are wanting to do. I, like you, would like to hike long weekends and can take a week to cover a larger section. I still work. The lady I hiked with last year husband has medical issues so she does not want to continue due to that. If you have had others who wanted to join I would like to be included. Thanks. Also I am new to this website so I hope I have replied like I am suppose to.

Hi ladies - i also am new to this website and plan on doing alot of day hikes for the next couple of months. But would like someone to hike with on long weekends during Aug, Sept, Oct.

I live in Blacksburg, VA (not far from Roanoke), and would like to hike/backpack with other women. I am still working full time, but can take days off here and there for short backpacks. (also get out for day hikes when I can). Thinking about a possible overnight trip next week. Would love to go to Grayson Highlands.

Default Section hike VA

I'm thrilled to find this thread! I just moved to Radford and was hoping to find a hiking/camping buddy. It sounds like I'm on the same page as all of you above. I would like to do section hikes anywhere in SWVA for now. I took early retirement and have always wanted to hike the AT. I stay with my elderly father but can get away for a few days at any time. I would love to go soon while the leaves are changing and before it gets too cold. Feel free to message me.

good luck to u

Quote Originally Posted by starphlo View Post
    I'm thrilled to find this thread! I just moved to Radford and was hoping to find a hiking/camping buddy. It sounds like I'm on the same page as all of you above. I would like to do section hikes anywhere in SWVA for now. I took early retirement and have always wanted to hike the AT. I stay with my elderly father but can get away for a few days at any time. I would love to go soon while the leaves are changing and before it gets too cold. Feel free to message me.
    Hi! I'm in Blacksburg and would love to get out this spring/summer for a few days now and then. Feel free to contact me.

Would love to plan some backpack trips (2-3 nights would probably be ideal, but possibly more) in the VA/NC area. 58 years old; still working but have some vacation time. May/June/July especially good. Feel free to message me!

++ New Posts ++