WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was grinning when I said change your name to Kashi. It was lighthearted jestering. Spend a few campfires around Jester or Shugg and this is what can happen.

Don't eat the blue M&M's. They are bad for you. All the other colored ones are a superfood.

Dogwood, I figured. But I think I am just a tad annoyed that a little post of mine gets blown up to something I didn't expect. I didn't see posts on peanut butter filled pretzels for instance, turn into some huge deal about diet.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep in mind the blue M&M thing-- who knew? I will be sorting them tomorrow. Have my jars all available.

Tell me about it...quicksand....religion...politics...food. BTW, Iike the Kashi product you mentioned. I just saw it but haven't yet tried it. TU for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Tell me about it...quicksand....religion...politics...food. BTW, Iike the Kashi product you mentioned. I just saw it but haven't yet tried it. TU for sharing.
    I knew about coffee... didn't know re: food, thanks for the heads up.

Ha ha ha. OP is a little annoyed so I guess I'll keep my 2 cents to myself.

Mostly.

You crash or bonk because you are a sugar burner instead of being fat adapted.

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Nah let ur rip WB entertainment a cross state lines Alb DFW long distance food fight feud

keeps me from getting targeted by the flaming arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post

Mostly.

That is all.

Yeah though my diet doesn't actually fit that pattern.

Dogwood, you are an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ505 View Post
    Yeah though my diet doesn't actually fit that pattern.

Dogwood, you are an interesting character.
    Your diet doesn't fit what pattern? Sugar burner? If you eat grains then you are definitely "burning sugar" for fuel instead of tapping your fat stores for energy.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Science facts are sometimes more opinion or simply what's currently factual. Facts are subject to no longer being factual. Science is not immune from this. "Good"science is constantly evolving and sometimes science just gets it wrong. That's not what proponents of Scientism like to readily admit.........

I think you misunderstand what science is. Any scientist would readily admit that scientific knowledge is constantly evolving because that is the nature of scientific inquiry and that is what makes the scientific method the most powerful problem solving method devised by man. Science is self correcting so if science gets something "wrong" eventually a better understanding will emerge through further observation, research and experimentation. What confuses people is when they read about some new research finding they assume that means the new finding is a "fact". What most people don't realize is it only becomes generally accepted as valid (as a "fact") by other scientists after that finding is verified repeatedly by other independent researchers which may take years. Science "facts" are hardly an opinion.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post

Mostly.

That is all.

That statement does not need to be defended. Anyone can bonk whether they are fat adapted-burning ketones - as their primary energy source or not. The keto dieter is not immune from bonking or eating a crappy destructive unhealthy diet. Keto is one approach not "the" Nirvana dietarey approach. Nor is a one on a diet primarily burning carbs turned into glucose have to bonk or be labeled necessarily unhealthy or healthy. Its the same with a ominvore, vegetarian, Paleo, or Vegan diet.

You've bought into some keto hype or misrepresenting the keto diet.

People shoudnt have to always be made to feel they need to defend their food or dietary choices here on WB. This happens commonly. And, I can be part of that problem.

JJ505 is rightly ticked. So often threads involving food or diet turn into accusatorial statements resulting in making one feel they have to take sides or defend their food or dietary decisions. Food threads get quickly detailed. OMG were talking about taking up positions on cience, promoting keto diets out of context, etc when the man is simply mentioning some food that he found to eat on trail that he finds he likes and helps him maintain his energy. Let us bring it back to center.

I apologize for my part in instigating and derailing your thread JJ505.

Eat more Kashi. Brought to you by the makers if Kashi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++