WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default I made a GoFundMe if anyone wanna helpé

https://www.gofundme.com/Thruhike2018

I plan on heading to springer mt somewhere inbetween march 15th and april 1st
    anything will be extremely appreciated! even some words of encouragement! xD

Good luck. Not sure how I feel about a 29 year year old whose very first post as asking strangers to sponsor his six month vacation. I think I would be embarrassed to do that, but maybe there are some people out there (or on here, rather) who are willing to help, so why not ask.

Also, as you only just joined, and have limited track record, I would also be concerned that this is a scam.

my other concern is that go fund me takes a substantial cut, and I would rather just send a check if I were so inclined.

Ditto! Ditto!

I read your appeal. So you're "working a lot" and your job ain't all that great, you bought your stuff, but you needd $5-7,000 for daily expenses. Did I miss a step?

Please tell me what I would get in return for giving you cash -- just the warm, fuzzy feeling of helping a millennial? It's the Xmas season, and I try to give money to various charities. Should I forgo, say, the Salvation Army or Catholic Action Charity or our local humane society and instead give you some cash? What is your recommendation?

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

This should be entertaining...

Go away you bum.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    Go away you bum.

+1. Very articulately stated!

A thru hike is a vacation. If you don't have the money, it can wait another year.

Looks like a real douchebag.

If you want to learn something from this experience, START NOW. Hiking can teach you a lot about self-reliance and grit. Don't start by needing to "fundraise" just to start walking. If you want to ask people if they have any free basic gear, that's one thing. But that platform and ad makes you look truly pathetic.

Funding your own adventures and earning your way will be a good start to your experience. Good luck!

If you don't have sufficient funds to thru-hike, then I suggest you postpone i.e. defer your hike until you've worked and saved enough to finance your dream. And yes, it is a vacation.

I wonder how many please fund my hike appeals are on the gofundme site this year?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

As soon as you help me pay my mortgage, I'll help you

Gabriel, You are new here. Most asking for money wil at least feign that they are hiking for the benefit of others. Could you perhaps, dedicate your hike to rasing awareness to the plight of the Nova Scotian Fungus Gnat? The Norway Rat of Toronto may benefit from your support. In fact, your request suggests that you have much in common with any numbuer noxious and ubiquitous pests from which you might choose to dedicate your hike. Look inside yourself and I'm sure you might find a special kinship with a minor species of mosquito, maybe a rare leech? Certainly something along the lines of a parasite.

Good Luck with your fund raising efforts.

Hike your own hike, fund your own hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    Gabriel, You are new here. Most asking for money wil at least feign that they are hiking for the benefit of others. Could you perhaps, dedicate your hike to rasing awareness to the plight of the Nova Scotian Fungus Gnat? The Norway Rat of Toronto may benefit from your support. In fact, your request suggests that you have much in common with any numbuer noxious and ubiquitous pests from which you might choose to dedicate your hike. Look inside yourself and I'm sure you might find a special kinship with a minor species of mosquito, maybe a rare leech? Certainly something along the lines of a parasite.

Good Luck with your fund raising efforts.

Your Internet Winner of the Day.

No other entries accepted, please try again tomorrow!

Keep us posted on your progress. My son is planning to thru-hike next year.

(He just finished grad school and is trying to decide between embarking on a career or going to law school - he has sold stuff he no longer uses, worked, and has been specific when people have asked for holiday gift ideas to make it all come together.)

I plan to join my son for a few days here and there as I'm able and hope to meet up with a couple of other hikers my age that I've made connections with as well. If our paths happen to cross I'll be happy to buy you a beer and a burger. Much more efficient than GoFundMe.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

kid looks like a Canadian terrorist!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++