WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Jackwagon, I checked Amazon and could not find anything for dam tough. What info did you put in to find what you did?

I did a google search using the words "damtough" and "reviews' and this URL was one of the results:
    https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Lightweight-Hammocks-Backpacking-Carabiners/product-reviews/B01LZAVYKH

shipping to algeria is free as well. fantastic!

But I guess as an online marketplace shipping direct from asia, that cause be plausible for free shipping anywhere

Its not just a new thing. Knock offs been around for years, go to any fleamarket. Years ago a friend was in the service in Korea. He bought a name brand insulated jacket for cheap. At some point after he was in the US he ripped the jacket. The insulation was washed and cut up cigarette butts.

Randy, the owner of Dam Good Equipment, has made some major changes and upgrades in his website. Better and more accurate information is now available. Take a new look at www.damtough.com They are a valid equipment company located in southwest Virginia.

The bag specifies 6" loft. Hardly a 20 degree bag. No specs on dimensions or weight.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

GAME 06

There are some specs there now.

10 deg bag
    800 fill down
    2.5 L compressed
    3 lbs
    fits up to 6'2"

And they are now discounted from $379 to $189

I did not run a sample buy through to checkout to see what kind of payments they accept.

They are in the process of moving their entire mfg and offices to SW Virginia. They are also revamping their website to contain more vital information for the outdoor community. Don't give up on them, they are just getting off the ground and trying to become public. Thanks for all the feedback WBer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    The bag specifies 6" loft. Hardly a 20 degree bag. No specs on dimensions or weight.
    Western Mountaineering specs. 5.75" @ 20 degrees and 6" @ 10 degrees. I have taken my 20 degree Alpinlite Long to 16 degrees with appropriate clothing and my Xtherm Large.
    Depending on where the 6" loft is measured, 20 degrees would not be out of line. Naturally, individual testing will be needed to verify the rating.
    Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++