Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by DownEaster View Post
    Lots of people want to have food and beverage simultaneously: coffee with their oatmeal, or whatever.

My mug is an Ozark Trail collapsible job ($1.42 at Walmart), so if you're looking to add a mug to your gear for that beverage-with-meal experience, you can make it a flexible one. And it'll squish down to fit in any mesh pocket on the outside of your pack. Sterilize (and also preheat) with some boiling water when you're making your cocoa at the end of the day's hiking.
    Nice tip, was looking at Sea to Summit mug costing almost 10 times more. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    When using one device for map apps, regular music and high camera usage, always being left on, phone, browsing, watching movies, audio books, weather reports, compass,
    etc etc that equals eggs all in one basket high usage. Then, we blame the device or the solar panel. It's our usage that is most to blame.
    I've been looking for a dedicated MP3 player for my upcoming hike.

The old sansa clips were awesome. The news ones don't have the same positive reviews.

Any recommendations?

I would like to reserve the use of my phone to Guthooks and communication. Mostly riding on airplane mode and conserving battery.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post

The old sansa clips were awesome. The news ones don't have the same positive reviews.

Any recommendations?

I would like to reserve the use of my phone to Guthooks and communication. Mostly riding on airplane mode and conserving battery.

I have a Sansa Clip +.....excellent player. It's getting old so I've purchased a Ruizu which is almost a clone of the Sansa. Sounds really good and menus are fairly intuitive. I wanted one with radio as my phone doesn't have such. Here's the model that I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/RUIZU-X50-Blu...3+player&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post

Any recommendations?

Since I dont always want to take a eggs all in one basket approach on trail because my camera, audio books, compass, and music usage can be periodically very high and want features of these activities that a "smart phone" isn't yet smart enough to always provide or I'm comfortably old school in some ways at some times I too sometimes want a dedicated MP3 player. I liked the Li AAA battery operated ones by Sansa. It took some hunting and scorns from electronics guru millenials like I was asking where the Model T Fords were located but i recently found a AAA battery RCA mp3 player at Target under tbe dust that cost less than $20 that includes easy rip software for FREE music downloads. It hold 3000 songs and a bunch of books plenty enough for on trail.

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong though.

Have this small, custom-made powerful flashlight which was very useful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++