WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Come Play in PA on MLK Day

Any fellow WB'ers interested in joining us on this Martin Luther King Day hike?

MEET:
    Monday, January 15 at 9:00am
    Rt 34 Carlisle Rd., Gardners, PA

HIKE:
    NOBO to Boiling Springs ATC, 10.6 mi

ATTRACTIONS:
    Haven't a clue - I haven't hiked this before! Feel free to inform me.
    Hopefully we'll arrange a mid-way picnic and a nice cocoa & chat at the end.
    Cheesecake?

ATTENDEES: Come meet where the elite abuse their feet!
    Teacher
    Moose
    Speedbump
    Strife

Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 12-11-2017 at 22:15.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Sorry, too far away for me.

I see one potential problem. "The Rock Maze" - a few miles before the Alec Kennedy shelter. The group I hiked with through there cursed non stop. It was difficult enough to follow the path through the maze when the blazes were visible. I seem to remember a lot of the blazes were painted on the rocks. If your going to twist an ankle, that little bit of trail is the place it will happen. Going through there in the snow would be a real challenge. If it's just icy, well good luck.
    Last edited by Slo-go'en; 12-11-2017 at 18:11.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Sorry, too far away for me.
    I see one potential problem. "The Rock Maze" - a few miles before the Alec Kennedy shelter. The group I hiked with through there cursed non stop. It was difficult enough to follow the path through the maze when the blazes were visible. I seem to remember a lot of the blazes were painted on the rocks. If your going to twist an ankle, that little bit of trail is the place it will happen. Going through there in the snow would be a real challenge. If it's just icy, well good luck.
    Thanks for that info. I'll do some research and see if there's an end-around if necessary. Of course if it's like last year it won't be an issue, but better to be prepared.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Would love to go Teacher, but just not up to it, do have a goodn’ and a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Would love to go Teacher, but just not up to it, do have a goodn’ and a Merry Christmas.
    I'll know you're there in spirit, RS. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours <3

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I'll know you're there in spirit, RS. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours <3
    I surely will, thanks.

++ New Posts ++