WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Increase your chance of receiving LTE signal

Worked in my house, YMMV. May or may not be valid but its widely published as "real"

https://rumble.com/v34egy-man-discov...-of-water.html

Journal Entries
    Images

This works without the bottle of water... I use it often in SNP to get a functional LTE connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossup View Post
    Worked in my house, YMMV. May or may not be valid but its widely published as "real"

https://rumble.com/v34egy-man-discov...-of-water.html
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

Don’t forget to stick out your tongue, and spin around three times.

The referenced article made me laugh. "you are out hiking, exploring the wonders of nature and you come across a sight that you just have to share on your Instagram and the cell signal is terrible?" Why does anyone feel they need to share on Instagram? Also take exception to the assertion made that "the fact remains that they’re a vital part of our world." I have gotten along fine without a smartphone.
    More walking, less talking.

The science involved would be the water bottle would block a part of the cell signal, which is a multipath signal. Turning service on and off gets you a different "piece" of the signal, which can result in LTE acquision. Neither your tongue protruding nor spinning around would have much more affect than to make you look silly.

I suspect when the phone comes out of airplane mode it goes into a full power cell search and that is why it connects. The bottle of water has nothing to do with it. There is no way a bottle of water will enhance the cell signal. If anything, it would attenuate the signal slightly. No different then putting the phone up to your head, which is full of water.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Apparently there are 77+million people in the US who share via Instagram so you should have no problem finding someone to ask. Also 4.5 BILLION people think cell phones are vital enough to buy one and use it so you've got your work cut out if you want to dispute how vital they are.

I also thought voice recognition personal assistants(Echo's Alexa, Siri etc) were pretty much wastes of money and time. Having received an Echo as an early Xmas present I've had to do a 180 and admit it blows accessing the Internet and Google via keyboard away and makes many every day tasks faster and far more convenient. In one week its proven to be a huge asset and one I'd recommend highly. Perhaps the best part is unlike much technology to date, there is virtually no learning curve or need for reading a manual.

As part of a dying breed, I hope you enjoy your cell phone free life but I'm going to continue to embrace and use the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by soilman View Post
    The referenced article made me laugh. "you are out hiking, exploring the wonders of nature and you come across a sight that you just have to share on your Instagram and the cell signal is terrible?" Why does anyone feel they need to share on Instagram? Also take exception to the assertion made that "the fact remains that they’re a vital part of our world." I have gotten along fine without a smartphone.

Journal Entries

Lighten up a bit, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I suspect when the phone comes out of airplane mode it goes into a full power cell search and that is why it connects. The bottle of water has nothing to do with it. There is no way a bottle of water will enhance the cell signal. If anything, it would attenuate the signal slightly. No different then putting the phone up to your head, which is full of water.
    im going with this ^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by soilman View Post
    I noticed that you shared 1236 pictures on your 2010 trail journal. What’s the difference in sharing a photo instantly, or sharing it later?

Apparently there are 77+million people in the US who share via Instagram so you should have no problem finding someone to ask. Also 4.5 BILLION people think cell phones are vital enough to buy one and use it so you've got your work cut out if you want to dispute how vital they are.
    As part of a dying breed, I hope you enjoy your cell phone free life but I'm going to continue to embrace and use the technology.
    I have a cell phone. I don't have a smart phone and have survived quite well without one. My point is that the article stated that "the FACT remains that they're a vital part of our world." I dispute this as fact. It is the author's opinion.
    More walking, less talking.

What am I missing?
    Where is it written: “Thou shalt send photos to Instagram immediately?”
    As for a cell signal on a trail: Verizon. Water bottle not required.
    Wayne

See its a proven concept:
    https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Ru.../dp/B01H6KRGXU
    By my calculations the refractive index of water will increase your reception by 70000%, to the point where it will charge your battery via wireless induction and cook your food. As a bonus the extra power will allow you to stream continuous live video so F* stupid instagram

See its a proven concept:
    https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Ru.../dp/B01H6KRGXU
    By my calculations the refractive index of water will increase your reception by 70000%, to the point where it will charge your battery via wireless induction and cook your food. As a bonus the extra power will allow you to stream continuous live video so F* stupid instagram
    what a joule!

how about watt a joule?

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes, this can be seen on a spectrum analyzer.
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

. . .There is no way a bottle of water will enhance the cell signal. If anything, it would attenuate the signal slightly. No different then putting the phone up to your head, which is full of water.
    Interestingly, I read somewhere that putting your garage door opener up to you head improved the distance over which the signal traveled. I though "Bull Pucky". Then I tried it about 100 different times and sure enough, holding the garage door opener up to your head, not just holding it up higher, improves the signal significantly. Go figure. I've go no idea how or why, but it really does work. Of course, that doesn't have much to do with this idea, but, it does keep me from automatically and completely discounting it.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Our brilliant panel of experts will not doubt instantly tell me its horse pucky but I've never talked with a DIY ham radio and other real world experts in RF signals who didn't say antenna design and function is a bit of a black art and the best methods to get optimal results often involved throwing logic out the window. As a life long R/C modeler, I can testify to the fickle nature of signal reception in general and with gigahertz signals in particular the evidence suggests no one has a lock on the best design nor knows how to quantify all the factors involved in reception.

I will just say this, I posted this not as joke or troll nor as known science but as food for thought. Given that we have flat earthers in the US, I never for a second thought it would be universally accepted for what it is. So keep in mind some will be as skeptical of your response as you are of this post.

++ New Posts ++