WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Guthook/Atlas Guides app survey

Hi folks!We are trying to learn more about how you hike and what you care about while hiking. We are always looking for ways to improve our apps and by learning more about the people that use them, we hope it will help us do just that! Please help us help you by filling out this survey! Feel free to share it with family and friends (there’s a part for non-hikers too!).https://goo.gl/forms/Upo2T9IDo8X5PnqE2Thanks!- The team at Atlas Guides (Makers of Guthook Guides)

Images

There is an error in the formatting of your link. I was able to edit it and this works for me:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...E160g/viewform
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

The survey doesn't have an obvious place for the kind of feed-back I'm wanting to give...

I purchased and used the Guthook app for the JMT.
    The one and only change to the application for that trip I would have liked to have seen would have been the ability to create my owe way-points in the app.
    I was actually surprised when I learned the app didn't have that capability.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCut View Post
    There is an error in the formatting of your link. I was able to edit it and this works for me:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...E160g/viewform
    Whoops! Stupid copy & paste... and now it looks like I don't have permission to edit my own posts. Well... thanks for the correct URL, SteelCut :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    The survey doesn't have an obvious place for the kind of feed-back I'm wanting to give...

I purchased and used the Guthook app for the JMT.
    The one and only change to the application for that trip I would have liked to have seen would have been the ability to create my owe way-points in the app.
    I was actually surprised when I learned the app didn't have that capability.
    That's in the works for the next major app update.

Haven’t looked at survey yet but can say I love the apps! Recently did a quick section hike on the AT....felt naked without the Info the app provides! I’ve used it on JMT, Collegiate loop, CT and parts of AT,FT.....I will not leave home without it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you create a check on trail feature? to save battery, if gps is off, it would turn gps on, check location, and turn gps off. if over x feet from trail it alerts you. you get to set the feet from trail and how often it checks.

Journal Entries
    Images

I have a question for the guthooks. Are you planning on an update on new reroutes to the AT?

Took the survey - my only input surrounds purchasing and selecting trails in the app. It would be nice to have them categorized (purchased vs. available to purchase) and it would be nice if the packages were presented in a more obvious manner. (i.e. the Mt Whitney/PCT/JMT smorgasbord) I don't even remember what I purchased, but I'm sure there was a more efficient way to do it, but the combinations/packages weren't presented until after the fact.

Switching between guide sections is also a bit kludgy.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    Could you create a check on trail feature? to save battery, if gps is off, it would turn gps on, check location, and turn gps off. if over x feet from trail it alerts you. you get to set the feet from trail and how often it checks.
    We've been thinking about that. It would probably have to require the GPS to be on in the background instead of frequently turning it on and off, but I can look at the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireplug View Post
    I have a question for the guthooks. Are you planning on an update on new reroutes to the AT?
    Short answer: Yep.

Medium answer: I've got a pile of GPS tracks that I'm going to merge into app soon. I'm waiting for the ATC data book to come out so I can kill two birds with one stone. We'll always be updating the tracks to deal with reroutes.

Long answer: See above. That's all, really ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KCNC View Post
    Took the survey - my only input surrounds purchasing and selecting trails in the app. It would be nice to have them categorized (purchased vs. available to purchase) and it would be nice if the packages were presented in a more obvious manner. (i.e. the Mt Whitney/PCT/JMT smorgasbord) I don't even remember what I purchased, but I'm sure there was a more efficient way to do it, but the combinations/packages weren't presented until after the fact.

Switching between guide sections is also a bit kludgy.
    One of my top priorities is to make all of this process a lot simpler. We're working on a major redesign again, but I can't guarantee when all parts of it will be ready. Some parts of the layout are so baked-in at this point that it'll probably take months just get get them unwound in order to piece them back together again in a new way. Stay tuned :-)

Can you add Mid State Trail of PA?

Images

The "corrected" link doesn't work for me. All I get is a title page with nothing but the Survey Name and a link to create my own Google survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    The "corrected" link doesn't work for me. All I get is a title page with nothing but the Survey Name and a link to create my own Google survey.
    the survey is over, this thread is over a month old

++ New Posts ++