Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    thanks for the laugh
    Sorry, I honestly don’t see his as a laughing matter:

https://www.halfwayanywhere.com/trai...c-crest-trail/

Quote Originally Posted by TX Aggie View Post
    Sorry, I honestly don’t see his as a laughing matter:

https://www.halfwayanywhere.com/trai...c-crest-trail/
    just how many people hike every year exactly, you have a greater risk driving to the trailhead. while any death is tragic, the fact is that hiking is on average a very very low risk hobby - calling it a life and death struggle is well frankly hyperbole or mis-informed.

just how many people hike every year exactly, you have a greater risk driving to the trailhead. while any death is tragic, the fact is that hiking is on average a very very low risk hobby - calling it a life and death struggle is well frankly hyperbole or mis-informed.
    But it can be a life and death struggle. Hiking is not entirely a risk free activity. Hikers die or sustain serous injury on the trial every year. A lot of it is just old people having heart attacks, but there is the occasional hypothermia and drownings and many twisted or broken ankles and even legs. The ratio of the number of people hiking to the number of injuries/deaths is pretty small, but it's not zero. I bet the number of close calls which could have resulted in death or serious injury is a pretty big percentage. I know I've come close to that line a number of times.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

So there’s no reason anyone should carry an InReach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go for it - its your pack

YMMV is not the ethos of many on WB. For some, whatever worked for them not only will work for you but you should do exactly as they did if you want to be successful.
    There are plenty of reasons to and not to take an InReach. Make that decision for yourself. If it provides something you want, then by all means take it. I carry a Spot. Not because I need the SOS button but because my family can know where I am on the trail if they want to. Something I need? No. Something I want? Yes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++