WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Long Trail GPX

Images

Default Long Trail GPX

Hi all,

I've compiled what I believe is the most accurate track data ever for the Long Trail. I use it in my universal trail app, Big Hike. Though still a work in progress, you can download the files here.

https://github.com/hsnetzer/lt-gpx

I also hope you will help improve the files. After installing Git, you can "clone" the files to your machine, make changes, and then submit a "pull request" to have the changes integrated into the main branch. Although there is a bit of a learning curve, version control software like Git is used by millions and offers a lot of powerful features. It would be awesome if some Long Trail experts could review the files since my hiking has only taken me as far as the winooski river

One cool application would be to make PDF maps similar to Halfmile's for the PCT. Probably not too hard. Another thing could be a data book. I've been in touch with someone who was writing a script to convert gpx into a pdf data book similar to Awol. Point is, do what you want with them, but please note the license.
    Last edited by Linesman; 12-02-2017 at 17:45.

Which version, A, B, or C?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LAF View Post
    Which version, A, B, or C?
    I split the trail into three parts to make it more manageable.

I should mention that its a work in progress -- I have data that I need to finish folding into the files. So section C is less accurate than the other two, for now. I’ll be done adding my data in a week or so.
    Last edited by Linesman; 12-02-2017 at 17:47.

I see B and C (haven't downloaded yet). Are all the necessary tracks there? Thank you.

Dont suppose anyone has a copy of the A.gpx? Doesnt look like A is available via the posted link anymore.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by polskikrol View Post
    Dont suppose anyone has a copy of the A.gpx? Doesnt look like A is available via the posted link anymore.
    check now. looking forward to your Pull Request

++ New Posts ++