WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Great deal on a great tent Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL 2 Tent - 2 Person $164

Just saw Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL 2 Tent - 2 Person-3 Season-Ash/Yellow for $164 at campsaver after you apply coupon dec20.

Looks like a decent deal

Very good deal. wow.
    It is what it is.

Only if you think BA makes acceptable products.
    Wayne

I've never ordered from Campsaver but I've been looking to buy the Fly Creek. The reviews on the web are very mixed regarding Campsaver. Have you found the company to be a reputable place to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by ADK Walker View Post
    I've never ordered from Campsaver but I've been looking to buy the Fly Creek. The reviews on the web are very mixed regarding Campsaver. Have you found the company to be a reputable place to deal with?
    You might want to check out slickdeals they have a lot of info about this deal...
    https://slickdeals.net/f/10972903-bi...3-season-164-5

Quote Originally Posted by CampSaver
    Unfortunately Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL 2 Tent - 2 Person, 3 Season is no longer carried by CampSaver.
    That didn't last long.

Images

I have bought a TON of stuff from Campsaver, zero problems whatsoever, though I don't recall having to return anything so haven't tested that aspect.

FWIW, though the BA FC is somewhat disliked by some, I found it to be an excellent tent, used for many years and maybe at least 100 nights. After a couple years of use out here in Colorado, and used exclusively for a JMT thru, I did the first half of my AT hike with mine, then went with a UL zpacks Solo+ for the second half.

The main reason that some dislike the FC is that they say it is hard to get into and out of. Even though I'm old and stiff, I don't seem to have that particular problem with it. A bit "harder" than with a side entry (like the Copper Spur), but still zero issue. Excellent and very popular tent along the AT, at least in 2013-2015.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Are those mixed reviews recent reviews? I do seem to vaguely recall googling them when I 1st heard of them and found a lot of negative reviews. But I think I noticed the negatives were from a long time ago and something made me think that management had changed since the days of the poor reviews.

In any case, I started ordering from Campsaver about 4 years ago and I've been nothing but pleased. I rank them up there with the likes of REI, BackCountry, and Campmor. Over the last several years, I'll likely made more purchases from Campsaver than I have from any one of those other three companies.

And I've had some dealings with customer support, and they've gone great.

Did forget to mention that they changed their website a few months ago... and I haven't been happy with the results.
    Apparently the new website runs scripts that the office computer doesn't allow, so I only get some plain text that isn't conducive to shopping. And if I go to their website on my phone, the response atrocious.
    So I'll give the latest release of their website a D- for usability, but otherwise an A for customer service.
    Last edited by HooKooDooKu; 12-01-2017 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    Are those mixed reviews recent reviews?

I started ordering from Campsaver about 4 years ago and I've been nothing but pleased.

I do seem to vaguely recall googling them when I 1st heard of them and found a lot of negative reviews. But I think I noticed the negatives were from a long time ago and something made me think that management had changed since the days of the poor reviews.

In any case, I decided to try them out, and I currently rank them up there with the likes of REI, BackCountry, and Campmor. Over the last several years, I'll likely made more purchases from Campsaver than I have from any one of those other three companies.
    If one has not already puled the trigger to buy tt may be a moot point as this deal may soon be dead if it is not already

Thanks for the many replies. It's good to hear that Campsaver is viable and trusted option. Looks like I missed the sale but will keep the site in mind for the future.

As for the thoughts on the Fly Creek 2, I was concerned about getting through the doorway as well. I have a 20+ year old North Face Lunar Light that is similar in design and it's a bit more uncomfortable for me now to hunch down into then when I bought it two decades ago.

I have the Copper Spur UL3 and love the two side doors. So maybe the CS UL2 is a better option for a solo tent.

I've been compiling info and stats on tents for weeks.

Does anyone else think buying a tent is harder than buying a car?

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. You have a great site here. I've been lurking for a while.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

...So maybe the CS UL2 is a better option for a solo tent...
    Love my CS UL2 as a solo tent. Used it for a JMT thur. It has P L E N T Y of R O O M such that each night I was able to get ALL my gear INSIDE the tent (i.e. nothing left out even under the vestibules).
    The way I've found it easy to use is to set my sleeping pad up on the diagonal of the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Only if you think BA makes acceptable products.
    Wayne
    care to elaborate or just fling poo?

Great to hear about the CS 2 as a solo. I've been using the Black Diamond First light single wall as my solo tent the past 10 years and it's done well but some nights its way to hot with its limited ventilation.

The research and deal shopping continue (which I actually enjoy doing very much).

"As for the thoughts on the Fly Creek 2, I was concerned about getting through the doorway"

If you're two people in the tent then the side door tent is a better way to go. Unless jumping in and out multiple times one person in a Fly Creek 2 should be no problem plenty of room to lounge around.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wordstew View Post
    "As for the thoughts on the Fly Creek 2, I was concerned about getting through the doorway"

If you're two people in the tent then the side door tent is a better way to go. Unless jumping in and out multiple times one person in a Fly Creek 2 should be no problem plenty of room to lounge around.
    Yeah, solo the FC is awesome, with two, not so much. Not sure about most folks, but I get into and out of my tent precisely once per day. If you're a night-time pee person, and have to get in/out many times, perhaps that's a good reason for the CS.

FWIW, I own both the CS and the FC, used to use the FC for solo outings, the CS when my wife was with, simple as that.

THEN, of course, we went Cuben/Zpacks/Hexamids.... If the Op has some extra $$$, consider going zpacks !

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    care to elaborate or just fling poo?
    He is very consistent about whatever he owns, in this case TT, is the best. Doesn't have any experience or first hand knowledge, just internet fodder & bs opinion.

If you missed this deal and you're or on a tight budget you could always take a look at the $120.00 Naturehike 2-man Cloud Up 2 tent (Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 clone)
    https://www.naturehike.com/cloud-up-...-two-men-tent/

Quote Originally Posted by wordstew View Post
    $120.00 Naturehike 2-man Cloud Up 2 tent (Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 clone)
    https://www.naturehike.com/cloud-up-...-two-men-tent/
    $92.78 on eBay right now: no tax, free shipping.

"$92.78 on eBay right now: no tax, free shipping."

nice find

Very nice find! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++