WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Charlottesville, VA Uber to trail?

The other Uber thread sparked my curiosity. I'm not looking to debate the pro's or con's of uber. I've used dozens of shuttle services working my way up the AT, but never Uber.

I'm flying into Charlottesville, VA this Spring to hike Thornton Gap southbound to Rockfish Gap in Shenandoah. i was just wondering if anyone has ever used uber to go from the Charlottesville airport to Thornton Gap? I would then do the same thing from Rockfish back to the airport for the return home. I'm a little nervous about not having pre-arranged transportation prior to my arrival.

Thanks in advance!

I've used uber for longer hauls like this (although not in cville) and the thing to keep in mind is that the driver likely won't have a fare on the return to the city. So it would be polite to let the driver decline the ride before getting in or perhaps giving the driver $20 or more as a cash tip. I would feel more comfortable using uber from town/city to trail than the reverse due to the possibility of spotty cell reception (not sure what cell reception is like at rockfish gap).

Images

Cell reception at Rockfish gap will be great. It will be spotty to non existent everywhere else in the park

++ New Posts ++