Hey folks, new to the forum. Following a long hiatus, I got back into camping after upgrading to ultra-light last year - it's been a game changer for me for a number of different outdoor pursuits, general travel, and even EDC/preparedness when small, light, and versatile enough.

Multi-tasking is major factor behind my gear reduction (getting lighter/smaller/fewer), and it's not always just about weight/bulk savings - the sheer simplicity of minimalism and having 'one-less-thing' is as rewarding. Also, I think UL'ers with less gear inherently have fewer back-ups and less margin for error - creative multi-tasking can provide some of that important emergency back-up.

I'll start with a couple of my camping staples that have earned a place in my EDC bag:
- 190 Grain Alcohol (Everclear): Stove fuel, dehydrated vodka, pot/utensil solvent/cleaner/sterilizer, hand sanitizer, bandanna wet wipe, mouthwash, deodorant, fire starter, eyeglass cleaner, glue/pine pitch remover, Palmer Furnace candle (w/ 1oz Toaks alcohol stove). Already EDC a Nalgene water bottle with nesting 750 Ti cup/pot.
- SixMoonDesigns Gatewood Cape: Intended as a rain poncho/pack-cover/tarp-tent, but I'll also use it as an EDC: blanket/bivy for naps, down vest (stuff/loft under windshirt/shell with drawn waist cord), and Palmer Furnace enclosure. My favorite tent BTW - outperforms my BA FlyCreek UL2 on every measure, except free-standing.

Would love to hear other UL'er ideas. I figure that if anybody is experimenting with extreme multi-tasking ('Ultra-Tasking') - i.e., beyond manuf. intentions and the usual bandanna/Buff/Dr. Bronners stuff - it's going to be the Ultra-light'ers.