WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiking through the VA winter

The remainder of the AT in Virginia from Daleville to Damascus is my winter hiking project. I usually hike every other weekend and sometimes every weekend, depending on work and weather. Would love company. I usually hire shuttles and would continue to do so because it makes logistics easier. PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    The remainder of the AT in Virginia from Daleville to Damascus is my winter hiking project. I usually hike every other weekend and sometimes every weekend, depending on work and weather. Would love company. I usually hire shuttles and would continue to do so because it makes logistics easier. PM me if interested.

Daleville to Damascus! Nice little section ya got left. I did this northbound in 40 mile sections or so. Shuttles can be hard to come by thru this area, I have some folks I used that were not on the shuttle list at the time and I was able to complete the state by referrals once I got to the end of one shuttle drivers "zone" he would pass me off to the next guy. Funny how I was able to travel the entire Damascus to Rockfish Gap like that.

I used
    Lonewolf - Sundog outfitter in Damscus
    Skip and Linda near Atkins
    Buddy near Bland
    Don Raines near Pearisburg
    Homer from US42 Sinking Creek all the way up to James River. Homer is one the best gentleman involved with the trail.
    Gary Serra From James River to Rockfish Gap.

I give all these shuttle guys an A+! All of them are listed in the shuttle list link below
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Daleville to Damascus! Nice little section ya got left. I did this northbound in 40 mile sections or so. Shuttles can be hard to come by thru this area, I have some folks I used that were not on the shuttle list at the time and I was able to complete the state by referrals once I got to the end of one shuttle drivers "zone" he would pass me off to the next guy. Funny how I was able to travel the entire Damascus to Rockfish Gap like that.

I used
    Lonewolf - Sundog outfitter in Damscus
    Skip and Linda near Atkins
    Buddy near Bland
    Don Raines near Pearisburg
    Homer from US42 Sinking Creek all the way up to James River. Homer is one the best gentleman involved with the trail.
    Gary Serra From James River to Rockfish Gap.

I give all these shuttle guys an A+! All of them are listed in the shuttle list link below
    I’ve used Gary and Homer. Homer’s wife Teresa is terrified too. I will check on the others since I will likely need a handoff after the hike from Daleville to Dragon’s Tooth this weekend. Thanks for the info.

Sent you a PM

good luck to you

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    I’ve used Gary and Homer. Homer’s wife Teresa is terrified too. I will check on the others since I will likely need a handoff after the hike from Daleville to Dragon’s Tooth this weekend. Thanks for the info. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure what you did to frighten Homer's wife Teresa, but don't do it again.

Damn spell checker. Terrific.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Virginia is just about done. 3.7 miles left from Damascus to the state line. It's been a sometimes cold, sometimes very wet winter. Never did find a hiking partner but oh well. Missed out on some epic hikes. On to Tennessee through the spring and summer, and then back up north in September.

++ New Posts ++