WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
    BUT how about loud talker compared to some really really BAD music....which of those would you prefer?remember, your "good" might really grate on someone else like fingernails on a chalkboard......yes music is really that polarizing. It's not like talking....or even loud talking.
    Music doesn't bother me. Loud distorted and tinny music coming from a cell phone does. It sounds more like a swarm of insects then music. I've a cell phone on which music actually sounds pretty good - at low volumes in a quiet room. Otherwise, not so good. if your going to play music out loud, at least make it sound good by getting a decent Bluetooth wireless speaker.

As far as loud talkers, it is amazing how far voices can travel under the right conditions. I've heard groups doing their "bonding ritual" at the end of the day as far as 1/4 mile away. And barking dogs from way down in the valley. Or the constant drone of highway noise, which you'll hear through the entire state of PA. The NASCAR raceway in CT is shear torture if you hike around the edge of that bowl overlooking the raceway on a weekend.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    I'm often times reminded of the SNL skit The Loud Family. I'm just astounded that two people right next to each other feel the need to converse at 80 dB.
    If you live in a town with a paper mill, you get used to everyone shouting since their all deaf or have family members who are from working the paper machines all their lives. But that's getting to be less of a problem around the Berlin, NH area since the mill closed and the old workers are dying off.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I can't quite remember the model, but Jaybird had a bluetooth headphone that allowed a second pair to connect to the first set and share audio. It was either the Freedom or the X3 model but I distinctly remember reading about this.

I also do not enjoy people sharing their music via loud speaker when I'm hiking. I have never specifically told another hiker they were rude, but have asked one party to turn it down. I use cheep earbuds, usually just one in to listen to books so I have the other ear free to hear that charging bear! Ha ha

good suggestion to use second dummy phone for loading books, musics, podcasts.

Consider checking out your local library. Mine has electronic books, audible books which can be easily downloaded to your phone. They use the "overdrive" free app. Selection varies between towns, if you have a friend in a large city ask them to give you their library card info. I use my son's Orlando card for a great selection and no cost to him. The books are all free and will be returned automatically at the end of 3 weeks so no late fees. Your taxes pay for this service so give it a try.

Thank you for all the advice.
    i bought the Bluetooth splitter and will try It out this weekend.
    If it works it will make the gear list
    The At leaves you breathless and gives you stories to tell. Scatterlings of Africa on a long walk to freedom

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

OK... I've seen this "2 hikers one phone" too many times in my feed to resist...

Because every time I see the title, I keep thinking it sounds like the title of the next viral video
    (think "2 girls 1 cup"... and for those that don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you skip googling for an explanation if you're easily grossed out)

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    3. This BT transmitter can actually broadcast to two devices https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IV...tter+4.1&psc=1 So I guess you could both have stereo with the regular wireless ear buds. That one is neat, it works both as a transmitter and a receiver.
    It works. Arrived today (bought one similar of the internet) I had to buy a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for Dandelion, then paired my running Bluetooth earbuds first, then the new ones and ..... MAGIC it works. we can be in different spaces up to 30 feet apart and we can listen to the same phone.
    The At leaves you breathless and gives you stories to tell. Scatterlings of Africa on a long walk to freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++