WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wind River Range 2018

Just putting some feelers out about who would potentially be interested in a week-long trip in the Wind River Range of Wyoming some time at the beginning of September 2018.

There were 5 of us this year, although not everyone managed the whole loop. It was an epic trip. Let me know if you have any interest and I will start connecting with people if and when I know if I can set it up again as I'll be im Alaska for the summer (usually some time in April).

You will have to twist my arm.
    But seriously. Is there any chance that you could be available a month earlier? Early August?
    Have fun in Alaska!
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

No chance of going early...still not sure how this will work out yet, just currently gauging interest

Are you planning on a different route? Maybe more north and west-ish? Going back at some point is definitely on my list.

I hope to try some of the High Route around that same time. I've never been at all and haven't started the planning yet (will purchase the map/trip kit Skurka sells most likely). Anyone interested in doing any off-trail route finding? Wayne mentioned maybe throwing together on shuttles and so forth and it's an intriguing idea for sure.

Right now I’m locked into taking 1 or 2 granddaughters someplace out west. They start school in mid to late August so we will be on the road in July or early August.
    I will keep in touch. Y’all have fun!
    Wayne

Is this for the High Route? The WRHR is my backup plan if I can't get a Wonderland Permit. My window is late August to mid Sept for either.
    It is what it is.

JPritch,

I don't think it is for the OP. However, it is my primary plan for next summer but I won't have enough time off to do the entire route. I'd like to have a partner on this one so I'm testing the waters with my mention of it.

I was part of the 2017 trip..had an excellent time!.. Next time I travel the great distance to Wyoming I absolutely would like to do the entire high route. If this plan comes together keep me informed..I'd be very interested.. beautiful country!

Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    Is this for the High Route? The WRHR is my backup plan if I can't get a Wonderland Permit. My window is late August to mid Sept for either.
    No, it is not for the High Route...I have very little interest in doing that as I don't care much for off-trail navigation and such. If you are interested in the WRHR, which it sounds like some people are, put it out there in another thread and see if you have any takers.

The route I have planned would be a northern loop and encompass Green River and Titcomb Basin. It is about 65-70 miles. I will put out more details when I know I have more interest. I already have a couple of people interested via PM but would like to be sure there are 4-5 other people interested in total.

I am interested. My last trip to the Wind River Range was an out and back to Titcomb Basin. Nice area and worth a repeat.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    No, it is not for the High Route...I have very little interest in doing that as I don't care much for off-trail navigation and such. If you are interested in the WRHR, which it sounds like some people are, put it out there in another thread and see if you have any takers.

The route I have planned would be a northern loop and encompass Green River and Titcomb Basin. It is about 65-70 miles. I will put out more details when I know I have more interest. I already have a couple of people interested via PM but would like to be sure there are 4-5 other people interested in total.
    Kind of reminds me of 1517..Has kind of a Martin Luther's Protestant Reformation kind of vibe..ya know when he decided to split from Catholicism..In this instance I will play Martin Luther and nail the intentions of the WRHRers to the door of the northern Loopers place and move to a new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by notbad View Post
    Kind of reminds me of 1517..Has kind of a Martin Luther's Protestant Reformation kind of vibe..ya know when he decided to split from Catholicism..In this instance I will play Martin Luther and nail the intentions of the WRHRers to the door of the northern Loopers place and move to a new thread!
    But only in like.......a more loving kind of way!

Bumping for interest

Unabashed thread drift:
    Funny that you mention Luther.
    Once upon a time a long time ago in an alternate existence, I was something of a Luther nerd. Imagine my amazement when the US ARMY dropped me in Worms, Germany. Luther’s bible is on display there. His statue in the Luther Platz. An amazing time.
    Back to your original thread.
    Wayne

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Bumping for interest
    my wife and I are definitely interested, however right now we plan on a CT hike next September, but we'll see how things develop. Keep me in the loop! We're anxious to get up there.

A thought to ponder:
    Two vehicles. Green River Lakes to Elkhart Park. Or the reverse. No backtracking.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Unabashed thread drift:
    Once upon a time a long time ago in an alternate existence, I was something of a Luther nerd. Imagine my amazement when the US ARMY dropped me in Worms, Germany. Luther’s bible is on display there. His statue in the Luther Platz. An amazing time.
    Wayne
    very funny Wayne..small world..not sure where that train of thought came from but I amused myself for a minute!.. hope all's well

All is well and I hope the same for you. According to the Weather Channel this morning Y’all are being blessed with lake effect snow. Be warm.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Unabashed thread drift:
    Wayne
    Been there and seen that too! In this case, the US Army dropped my Dad and us in Germany in the late 80's.
    It is what it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++