WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default CNOC Outdoors Vecto Water Container

I realize that this product hasn't gotten into the public's hand yet, but going off of the descriptions, overviews and reviews in the below links, what do some of you guys think about this new water container? Anyone think it'll be a valuable addition to the current offerings already out there?

https://cnocoutdoors.com/products/vecto-water-container

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwh9cZwC4E

After a 3 day section earlier this month, I became frustrated with trying to fill up the Sawyer pouch efficiently while my friend easily and quickly collected water with his Platypus wide-mouth opening. After seeing Darwin's videos of him switching from his beloved Platypus to this Vecto container, I decided $15 was worth the try and preordered for a December arrival. I'd like to give an update once I get it but just wanted to see if anyone else out there had heard of this one yet since I didn't find anything in a Whiteblaze search.

Images

It isn't enough of an improvement for me over my Platy Big Zip which has the same closure mechanism and the same opening. But for someone who didn't already have such a bag, those features are mighty worth it.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i've been using one for about a year now and i can say it's great and totally worth it. they have more than one size now too.

Took Cnoc a couple of tries, but I think they have a solid product now. And their customer support is the best.

The first edition had a poorly designed slider. I emailed them about it and they sent me the better designed one.

I somehow poked a hole in mine, and bought a new one. The latest version has better plastic, and the neck is much stiffer, which makes it easier to screw on a filter.

I love mine, and would recommend it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Analog_Kidd View Post
    Took Cnoc a couple of tries, but I think they have a solid product now. And their customer support is the best.

The first edition had a poorly designed slider. I emailed them about it and they sent me the better designed one.

I somehow poked a hole in mine, and bought a new one. The latest version has better plastic, and the neck is much stiffer, which makes it easier to screw on a filter.

I love mine, and would recommend it to others.
    The first version really had problems; but the updated one is much improved. I tried all different dirty water storage methods and will probably return to The CNOC in the future.
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

Just ordered two on Black Friday. Excited to use them

If they can can maintain quality with their Chinese partners, I'll consider one.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I bought one last spring and use it in my gravity filter system. I broke the plastic loop on the slide by dropping the weight of a full bag onto the hanging cord. My mistake. It was easy to hang it by looping the cord around the ends of the slide to support the weight. I use the hanging loop only as a cord keeper now. Got a replacement slide from CNOC.

I really like filling from the large end rather than the cap end. Much nicer than the Sawyer bags. I bought a second container for my daypack

I put a small loop of paracord around the vecto handle. I loop that over my hiking pole handle and lean it against a tree. The height is just right to hang the bag and gravity filter into a bottle, with the bottle sitting on the ground. This way all the weight of the bottle is not hanging from the bag.

I use one and love it. Not nearly as delicate as other options

I switched late last year and don't see going back to traditional bags. So easy to fill and treat water through the large end. Never leaks. I keep a smart water sport cap on it, with a short length of silicone tube and a thumb clip to close it. Super easy and simple

++ New Posts ++