WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

And for you people who wear tighty-whiteys be very careful in the bushes. I'm not trying to be funny but remember noise the the bushes and a flash of white as a rule is a deer on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    And for you people who wear tighty-whiteys be very careful in the bushes. I'm not trying to be funny but remember noise the the bushes and a flash of white as a rule is a deer on the move.
    https://www.fleetfarm.com/images/pro...073448/l/1.jpgAttachment 40873

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/rut...SABEgJGEPD_BwE

Just an update,

Got back yesterday at lunch. I did hear shots on the trail 3 different times during my hike, wore orange the whole time.

The shots were a good ways off but still could see a hunter not knowing exactly where they were.

It's dear hunting season in GA (9/11/2017-14/1/2018) and you better wear safe orange jacket if want to camp or hike in the woods. Don't try to put on dark clothes coz some idiots or hunting beginners will shoot at everything that moves around the trails.
    Visit my blog HikerTrack to find useful tips for hiking, camping, survival skills and read thorough reviews about outdoor gears like best 10 person tent...

I went out to finish up TN and do a bit of VA the week of Thanksgiving.
    I wore an orange knit cap or baseball cap (depending on hot/cool) and brought a spare orange knit cap for my hiking partner.
    We DID see several hunters, heard lots of gunshots, but most importantly, when she went off trail to get better pictures of the ponies in the Grayson Highlands, she was very visible, even when behind trees - and we had other hikers tell us how well the hats worked, as they saw us coming a long way off.
    So wear blaze orange during hunting season. It's not a fashion statement, it's about safety.
    Funny anecdote:
    On the way down into Damascus, a couple day hikers were on their way up, sobo. The older woman was wearing an orange ball cap just like mine. She smiled and nodded, then I said "nice hat" to her, and she made a face like she just bit into a lemon as she looked away and hiked past.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++