WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Probiotics?

Default Probiotics?

I'm not related to this company (and I'm not from Australia either), just giving a link to an English website explaining the stuff:
    https://www.multikraft.com.au/

There are competitors who make similar products, that work the same way:
    You put "good" (harmless) germs on or in the stuff/gear/whatever you want to be "clean" and over time the good germs will grow faster than any of the bad (dangerous) germs, by this getting rid of the bad ones.
    Basically just the opposite of what many here, and most in the US do by using sanitizer. Sanitizer will kill most of all germs, but some will survive and those few ones will grow very fast on the recently sanitized surface - and if the surviving ones happen to be of the "bad" kind, you have a serious problem.

We had a very long discussion recently with a guy selling hospital cleaning stuff and he says that several hospitals switched to this "good germs" cleaning system (of course for other areas except OP rooms) and have great success.
    My wife had started using this stuff in our household (this fact had started the above mentioned discussion) before with good results.
    First try I will give this will be my Salomons which had developed a terrible odor. If it works I will expand the use into hiking.

What do you think about that?

Let us know how it works on your shoes. We all use good germs everyday in our bodies so why not?

Its not the best time of the year to test out how it would work on my trailrunners.

Over the summer I did a rebuild of my old garage, which partially is dug into the slope, so its more a cellar than a garage. Lots of water running through at times. Everything I put in there usually gets rusty or mouldy.
    There are several old shelfs and chests that were covered with awful mould, especailly on the backside cloese to the damp and cold walls.
    I cleaned the furniture with the above metioned Probiotic stuff.
    So far it seems to work, the garage is free of the mouldy smell that was so typical and annoying, but instead there is a very faint sweetish smell.

++ New Posts ++