WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Picked up a couple of these this weekend. Won't be using them for a few months on trail but got them. Looking at mods for them today to increase warmth.

I got one from Costco last year for summer trips. Let my BIL use one night at Mau Pin in August. He loved it, perfect weight for hotter nights. Definitely compresses small, I use a old stuff sack that's probably 4 liters max.

Same picture as ones from Kohl’s....Costco sale on these nov 24-27...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kohls sale ended on the 29th, mine should be here Saturday. They still have them at $19.99 no doubt, and if you order in store at the kiosk, its free shipping to the store. Otherwise its $8.95 to your door.

I wouldn’t count on them being comfortable under about 60*-65* for an extended period of time....I’ve got a JRB sierra stealth that’s rated at 40-45* but for ME I get cold under about 55* with it while wearing midweight base layer on a xlite pad and it’s got a lot more down than the cheap throws....personally don’t see much of a use for them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 3 last year and turned one into a quilt with foot box. There is good instruction on how to do this on www.Hammockforums.com It was my first attempt at any DIY gear with full length sewing. It turned out great and I have used it several times so far. I will have it this weekend in South Georgia and it is expected to be down in the upper 30's one night and the mid-40's the other nights. For a cheap quilt, it works great for me on my cot (tent camping). You can't go wrong for $20....

Got mine today thru Kohls, surprise, surprise it came with a Bed, Bath and Beyond price sticker for $29.95. Nothing to write home about but not bad for $15. I'll probably get my use out of it napping on the couch with it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++