WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    So you're wrong!! and luckily our judiciary and congress also think you're wrong. Read some stuff about constitutional law.
    What you are saying is simply fascist propaganda. No reality!
    wooooooowwwwww (had to be 10 characters0

Terrible and completely unlike any trail town experience I have ever had. I hate that the video taker had to listen to that. They will be out of biz soon.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Things like burning down black churches, maybe chaining the doors with the people inside. Shooting up a gay bar. Pick up drivers obviously running down and killing cyclists. My neighbor is pissed off at my dog crapping in his yard. Threatened to kill my dog and maybe me. Certainly a threat of violence. But if he goes off shooting dogs and their walkers in the local park, people he doesn't know. Then it does became a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    No such thing as hate speech.

No such thing as a hate crime.
    That's a very privileged opinion to hold.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Terrible and completely unlike any trail town experience I have ever had. I hate that the video taker had to listen to that. They will be out of biz soon.
    they're closed for good. all banners and signs are gone. the building is for sale

LW: the article comments also highlight Craig’s commentary about the drugs. He was there, and asked the Taco Brothers about buying some, and was told by one brother that they knew of a source. Then Craig said he didn’t want to buy from someone “sight unseen” whatever that means. No need to respond to earlier question about Craig’s comments.

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    LW: the article comments also highlight Craig’s commentary about the drugs. He was there, and asked the Taco Brothers about buying some, and was told by one brother that they knew of a source. Then Craig said he didn’t want to buy from someone “sight unseen” whatever that means. No need to respond to earlier question about Craig’s comments.
    he's now denying he was there to buy pot

Images

Then Craig said he didn’t want to buy from someone “sight unseen” whatever that means.

means he aint buying unless he sees the product .............

His comments from the article you linked to are ridiculous, makes him look bad. Calling the mayor a loser?!? Cmon dude. Anyways you had said you talked to him and you have a good head on your shoulders and seemingly good judgment of character (always on point wrt thru hiker attitudes and shelters &#128514

Images

No such thing as a hate crime. Either an action is a crime or it isn't. The ignorance of the perpetrator should have NO bearing on what the crime was.

you have this wrong.....

please educate yourself on what a hate crime is...

here's a link for you...

https://www.justice.gov/crt/hate-crimes-0

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    That's a very privileged opinion to hold.
    as far as hate speech is concerned its not an opinion, there is, in legal terms, no such thing as hate speech. if you want to stand on a street corner yelling about how (insert race or ethnicity or whatever of your choice here) are terrible people that you loathe and despise there is nowhere in the country there is any law prohibiting you from doing so.

plenty of people like to act these days as if there, including tons of people who allegedly should know better, but there isnt.

you will not find one single statute anywhere describing what "hate speech" is or in anyway outlawing it.

hate crimes have been codified in some places

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    the building is for sale
    C'mon somebody...step up! We're talkin' Kosher Deli here. Not the Yellow Deli. Not the Deli Lama. Name it the Hikertrashcus Delimascus. It's Deli Ishus, just ask the Missus.

Journal Entries
    Images

And you can take a seat even before you get to the showers because, let's face it, by the time you get off the trail you already smell like a hot deli sammich.

Lox, Stock and Barrel.

I just want to put a positive spin on this thread by taking away the references to people and lifestyle choices. I've been a guest of the town of Damascus 19 times in the past 12 years. While I've had differing experiences, Damascus is still one of my favorite small mountain towns. Looking back, I've stayed in 5 different hostels. While the experiences were different (each facility had its own quirks) I've never had an experience that would preclude me from returning. My wife and I have stayed in 3 different B&B's and always had a great experience. I've been welcomed into 3 different church's, once smelling pretty poor and been invited back for pot luck dinner. I've been welcomed to use a families personal phone on their front porch when I found no cell coverage. I've eaten in dare I say, all of the eateries that the town has to offer. Have I had mixed meals, yes, but none so terrible I would not return. I've shopped the limited retail stores and supported the local economy. No, I have not attended Trail Days but perhaps someday. I have provided my fair share of support to the local brewery. The local hiking and biking opportunities are hard to match in the SE United States. I could ramble on but.. Damascus... My wife and I will be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Rightfoot View Post
    I just want to put a positive spin on this thread by taking away the references to people and lifestyle choices. I've been a guest of the town of Damascus 19 times in the past 12 years. While I've had differing experiences, Damascus is still one of my favorite small mountain towns. Looking back, I've stayed in 5 different hostels. While the experiences were different (each facility had its own quirks) I've never had an experience that would preclude me from returning. My wife and I have stayed in 3 different B&B's and always had a great experience. I've been welcomed into 3 different church's, once smelling pretty poor and been invited back for pot luck dinner. I've been welcomed to use a families personal phone on their front porch when I found no cell coverage. I've eaten in dare I say, all of the eateries that the town has to offer. Have I had mixed meals, yes, but none so terrible I would not return. I've shopped the limited retail stores and supported the local economy. No, I have not attended Trail Days but perhaps someday. I have provided my fair share of support to the local brewery. The local hiking and biking opportunities are hard to match in the SE United States. I could ramble on but.. Damascus... My wife and I will be back!
    no bad towns, only bad individuals.

Very sad Why do the townspeople allow such behavior?
    Let's head for the roundhouse; they can't corner us there!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    seriously?.............

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    seriously?.............
    Seriously. In my town we walk door to door in large groups and confront people to screen them out. All residents are subject to physiological testing and screening prior to moving into town.
    Any townsfolk who step out of line are taken to the townsquare and stoned to death at high noon. Our children all come out and watch to help teach them our intolerance for intolerance.

We certainly don't let a bunch of homeless drifters in our town who smell, drink, do drugs or party. That's not a level of tolerance we can tolerate.

As the Mayor Lone Wolf you should be ashamed and your entire town wiped off the map.

Or I guess you could wait for a crime to occur, arrest those who commit one and go back to minding yer own business and welcoming weird strangers into your town.

But that sounds intolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Seriously. In my town we walk door to door in large groups and confront people to screen them out. All residents are subject to physiological testing and screening prior to moving into town.
    Any townsfolk who step out of line are taken to the townsquare and stoned to death at high noon. Our children all come out and watch to help teach them our intolerance for intolerance.

We certainly don't let a bunch of homeless drifters in our town who smell, drink, do drugs or party. That's not a level of tolerance we can tolerate.

As the Mayor Lone Wolf you should be ashamed and your entire town wiped off the map.

Or I guess you could wait for a crime to occur, arrest those who commit one and go back to minding yer own business and welcoming weird strangers into your town.

But that sounds intolerable.
    what kinda burn time do you get on your torch? Do you use kerosene or just whatever bottle stashed in the garage is leftover from the cross burnings, I mean Sunday social.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
++ New Posts ++