Thread: Eglin status

Default Eglin status

I'm hoping to continue my section-day-hike of the Florida Trail this week. I plan on passing southbound (east really) through Eglin over the next few weeks/months as my schedule permits. I already have my Eglin Recreation Pass. Hopefully this week I will do a 9 mile section leading up to the western edge of Eglin. The next section will put me in Eglin.

Does anyone know the status of the road work along SR87? Is the Yellow River trailhead open?

I've been monitoring PAM the past few days and it appears much of the section along SR87 is closed. Does anyone know the status, that is, is it temporary? Is it usually open on the weekend? Is there an acceptable re-route?

If there's road work and a closed section I may have to come back to this next year, but I'd really like to do things in order. I'm a little CDO. That's like OCD but I prefer the letters in alphabetical order.

I'll be driving by this week (hopefully) but local knowledge of what's ahead is always helpful.

Thank you.

PS I was messing around with the FT app and it appears I only have about 260 miles to go to complete my section-day-hike of the Florida Trail. Hopefully I can get at least half done this season.

I would contact Susan at http://floridahikes.com/hiking-trails. She is pretty good at answering email about Trail news. She's the co-author of the app and the trail guide.

Sorry, it's Sandra, not Susan.

++ New Posts ++