WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Yes, I have one.

Made to order, options HERE.

Click on "Sizing and Specs" to get actual weights... I have 4 EE products and find the info to be consistently accurate.

However, in that same size and temp rating the Revelation Apex weighs less than 12 oz and is a good option if a lot of moisture will be encountered.
    How much more space does a apex quilt take in backpack ?

Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyou View Post
    How much more space does a apex quilt take in backpack ?
    Hard to say exactly. I have a 40* Enigma and it comes with a 17L stuffsack. I pack it in a compactor bag though and compress it more or less depending on volume I need to fill in the pack.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Thom, it definitely takes more space because it's a synthetic and it is not a good idea to compress it to the absolute max. (Or even close!)

How much more space? Hmm... if I had to guess... at that rating, in normal usage, I'd estimate very conservatively 4x as much. But 4 softballs aren't a very large volume so it's still quite manageable.

I have the Rev apex 40 (from back when they still called it the Prodigy) and it has turned out to be my most-used quilt and it is holding up very nicely, primarily, I think, because it has never been "super-stuffed" to get it as small as it possibly could be. However I have not babied it... I put it in the bottom of the backpack with no stuff sack and let the items above determine how much compression it is subjected to.

Quote Originally Posted by Besalu View Post
    Oh, no. The bivy is a separate issue. For the Colorado Trail I am bringing an Enlightenment Revelation 30° for sure!
    A. We need more input on where and when you plan to use the Bivi-Liner.
    B. Have you tested the EE 30 degree quilt in the real world at 30 degrees? 25 degrees? 20 degrees? What month will you be hiking the Colorado trail?
    Good luck!
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Yes, I have one.

Made to order, options HERE.

Click on "Sizing and Specs" to get actual weights... I have 4 EE products and find the info to be consistently accurate.

However, in that same size and temp rating the Revelation Apex weighs less than 12 oz and is a good option if a lot of moisture will be encountered.
    I ordered a Revelation 950D, 30° for three season backpacking, since I sleep cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Besalu View Post
    I ordered a Revelation 950D, 30° for three season backpacking, since I sleep cold.
    Be prepared to sleep in all of your clothing on the Colorado Trail. What dates have you picked for your CT Thru Hike? Which direction are you planning to hike?
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++