WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: water bottles

Solo Cup with a hole punched in it with a paper punch. Clips onto my pack. Can't get much lighter/cheaper than that. My dog is more likely to drink on command when I'm holding the cup and offering it to him.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    Just go ahead and let Fido drink out of your water bottle, after all, their mouth is cleaner than ours....
    On our thru, there lots of hikers who would put their pot down in front of my dog to let her lick it clean. She was the group's dishwasher. There was no way I would let her clean my pot though.

Admittedly, I have no experience with my dog on extended hiking trips. On the short trips I've taken her on, I used a cut off bottom of a milk jug for her water bowl in camp. It also doubled as a camp sink for laundry a few times. During the day, while on the move , hiking , bird hunting, or mountain biking, she shared my CamelBak bladder.... When she was thirsty, she'd come stand in front of me, and I'd squeeze the bite valve to release a stream of water onto her muzzle. Some spilled, but she didn't miss much, and she never had contact with the bite valve. It was a lot faster than stopping to fill a bowl.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maui Rhino View Post
    Admittedly, I have no experience with my dog on extended hiking trips. On the short trips I've taken her on, I used a cut off bottom of a milk jug for her water bowl in camp. It also doubled as a camp sink for laundry a few times. During the day, while on the move , hiking , bird hunting, or mountain biking, she shared my CamelBak bladder.... When she was thirsty, she'd come stand in front of me, and I'd squeeze the bite valve to release a stream of water onto her muzzle. Some spilled, but she didn't miss much, and she never had contact with the bite valve. It was a lot faster than stopping to fill a bowl.
    I did the same. He learned quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

U shud use paper cups for your dog, it's light and u can use one cup for 2-3 times
    Visit my blog HikerTrack to find useful tips for hiking, camping, survival skills and read thorough reviews about outdoor gears like best 10 person tent...

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Anderson View Post
    U shud use paper cups for your dog, it's light and u can use one cup for 2-3 times
    And u can thro dem away when ur dun wit dem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++