WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh, another one is Activejunky.com which has not only discounts they'll email you but sign up and they'll mail you checks for cash back on your buys from Backcountry, Steep and Cheap, Sierra Trading Post and a whole bunch of other places. Backcountry alone is like an 8% cashback check so it is worth it to sign up.

Just about all the online outfitters have a closeout/sale/outlet area. I have bought some incredibly discounted items there. Buy winter items at the end of the winter season and summer vise versa.
    Works for me because our seasons are reversed, but no reason you can't plan ahead.

Campsaver is one of my favorites for clothes and other items.
    https://www.campsaver.com/outlet.html
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    TJ has bought SierraTradingPost.com, but it is still pretty good if you look for a 20 or 25 percent off coupon with free shipping over 50 bucks...

Deals are to be had everywhere. Google is your friend.

STP has the most consistently good deals on top name outdoor equipment.

[...Massdrop section deleted...]

Amazon prime is the way to go for the vast majority of stuff. Especially the little stuff. The three times in the last year that Amazon took longer than a two day shipping to deliver, they came through. Once with a $10 account credit and the last two times they just told me to keep the late product and refunded me the entire purchase price. Now THAT is customer service!!!

STP is often way late on when you actually get the product, sometimes a week late. If you bitch long enough you will get either your shipping costs refunded or a 5 or 10 buck account credit. It's harder now that they are owned by TJ, AND you have to pay sales tax since TJ has a brick and mortar in almost every state...still, some awesome dealios...like my new Klymit 18L pack for...$24

At the moment STP has a pretty good selection of Smartwool - tops, bottoms, and socks. The NTS 250 zip tops are $50, the lowest price I've seen elsewhere is $90.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNC View Post
    At the moment STP has a pretty good selection of Smartwool - tops, bottoms, and socks. The NTS 250 zip tops are $50, the lowest price I've seen elsewhere is $90.
    If you sign up for STP emails, you get daily coupons that give 20 or 25 percent off. Sometimes with free shipping. You can always get a free shipping coupon. Not all the discounts apply to all items, clearance items usually are not included. I've gotten Joseph Abboud dress shoes for 30 bucks, Terramar t's for 8 bucks, Terramar sport briefs for 5 bucks, Nemo down spoon bag for 120, etc...

I've bought from STP before there was the internet and their catalogs had drawings of the gear by the owner's son...same with Campmor back in the day...no pics...drawings...

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    If you sign up for STP emails, you get daily coupons that give 20 or 25 percent off. Sometimes with free shipping. You can always get a free shipping coupon. Not all the discounts apply to all items, clearance items usually are not included. I've gotten Joseph Abboud dress shoes for 30 bucks, Terramar t's for 8 bucks, Terramar sport briefs for 5 bucks, Nemo down spoon bag for 120, etc...
    Not lately. I think they announced a while back they were getting rid of all the coupons, and most free shipping requires a certain purchase level. Still great deals to be had though.

I like eBay......I usually make a list n start watching a ye in advance so I can buy at reasonable price.....yes I'm a bit of a tightwad.🏦 Money in the bank 😜

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post

Become a Contributing Member
    for as little as $10/year and an "Edit" button is one of the perks.
    Encourage them NOT to become a contributing member, comment inanely and at length, multiple times, and immediately self-identify as someone for the ignore list. Seriously, it helps the rest.

Wow. I suggest you take your own advice AllDownhill and put me on your ignore list already, rather than jump in here and "comment inanely."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++