WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mid October Georgia Gear List

I am heading up to do the Georgia section of the AT. I have made some changes to my gear, but was a little disappointed that it came in as heavy as it did. This is just my pack weight, I will be wearing long pants and a LS lightweight shirt. With the forecast calling for low 40s, I feel like this will be sufficient. I had an extra pair of pants and a DIY pair of Huaraches that I deleted for weight. I appreciate any input. Thanks for your time.

https://www.geargrams.com/list?id=43169

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

I'd be happy with a 12 lb base weight for 40 degree wx. That extra clothing gets heavy, but is necessary imnsho. Add 2L of water and 10 lbs of food, and yer still under 30. Good job. Have fun.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Looks pretty good to me. I don't see any really unnecessary gear - about what I would bring in terms of clothing. It's been really nice up here the last few days, and 40 degrees will be about right I think for lows, maybe upper 30's at the worst.

Thanks guys. I just added my food for the first 3 days and two liters of water. The final weight was 21lb 15 oz. Feels good in the pack, ready to get it on. I am driving up tomorrow and getting a shuttle to Springer Monday morning.

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't know how long you're going to be out but if you won't have an opportunity to recharge the Anker 10000 drop the charger and its cable and save almost 4 oz. I don't see batteries for the headlamp.
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

Images

No camera? No smartphone? If yes, I recommend the Guthook smartphone app for the AT.

Also, you can probably recharge that Anker at Neel Gap?
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Thanks for the responses. I do plan on recharging the Anker at Neel Gap and at the Top of Georgia Hostel. I will also replace my headlamp batteries (new batteries included in the listed weight for the headlamp) at those locations as needed.

I am taking my smartphone. It is one of the few items (compass, whistle) I am carrying in my pants pocket, so I left it out of my pack weight. And I do have Guthook's app, which I really like.

++ New Posts ++