Hiya.
Looking for some info on the 58ish mile loop taking in sections of the AT/Bartram trail starting/ending at the NOC. I've got the official Bartram Trail map and have read a few trip reports (like this one), but it's not particularly detailed, and I am hoping to be able to shave a day off that itinerary and do the trip in 4 days/3 nights.
If you've done this loop before, or if you're familiar with these AT/Bartram sections, I'd be very grateful to hear your general impressions on:
-the trail (I've heard it's not particularly well maintained/overgrown? Which is fine, but I'd want to factor that in to our plans if it's going to significantly slow our usual pace)
-water availability (particularly if you've been in the area recently. The map isn't super clear on what marked sources are reliable and what are intermitent...and the overall number of marked sources is a tad concerning since we're lazy and hate carrying too much water)
- any particularly excellent (or particularly terrible) tenting sites along the route (we'd like to avoid AT shelters on the AT sections)
- how busy is the Bartram at this time of year?
- Also would love to hear if the trail is suitable for dogs? (Our pooch is a veteran backpacker, so as long as water sources are fairly regular and there are no sheer rock faces to climb, he should be ok.)

My rough proposed itinerary:
Day 1: NOC-Wayah Bald (16.3)
Day 2: Wayah Bald-Walnut Cove (15.5) Not clear on the camping situation here?
Day 3: Walnut Cove-Ledbetter Creek near Little Bald (15) Again, not sure if there's good camping near the later crossings of Ledbetter?
Day 4: Ledbetter Creek-NOC (12-14ish, depending on where we stay along Ledbetter)

Thanks!