WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Gerry Gabon, Spiritual Trail Guide

Hi Everyone,
    I'm continuing to post about Gerry in this forum (Health, Safety & Hygiene).
    Why this forum? In today's world, many have lost their spiritual connection and sense that something is missing. Hiking was one of the ways that Gerry used to connect with his spiritual aspects, to strengthen the linkage between heaven and earth, as he explored and enjoyed nature. Perhaps this is also a reason why many are hiking, seeking a way to re-discover their spiritual connection and purpose here on earth.
    I'm sharing Gerry's wisdom, mantras, principles and aspects of his nature so that anyone, especially those involved with the AT, can get to know Gerry and be able to reach out and connect to Gerry's turtle energy, to be your spiritual trail guide and protector. If you've already connected with Gerry, please feel free to share. ♥
    With love.
    Ironee

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Dunno, seems like most turtles I've met are pretty low energy. Hope there's enough to go around.

Yes, please tell me more about turtle energy

Journal Entries

There is so much out there then is commonly known. Spirit animals (guides) is just a part of the total picture. Over the years I have mapped out some of the energy centers, lay lines and the like in the NY Hudson Valley, and have met a person in area around the Smokies who has done likewise, I also guide spiritual hikes and have received comments of how it changed people's lives for the better. The patterns of energy are the patterns of life and is something we are made to connect with. It is something the first people knew and was a natural part of their culture, many things can be learned from them. This energy transfer happens if we are aware of these energy patterns or not, but helpful to be aware (and where spirit guides come into play) as knowing where to go helps over just wandering.

What we seem to be having is a revival of sorts as people are getting out there in numbers not seen ever, people are enjoying it and the energy that they receive, but really unguided, blindly wandering and more awareness of what's out there, and also how to respect it would be helpful for all.

Good to hear someone else is doing this.

Hi Rafe,
    Here's more on turtle energy:
    Gerry resonated with turtles (the oldest and wisest of the animal kingdom).
    Gerry brought us many gifts and lessons throughout his life (patience, persistence, determination, living in the now, innocence & fresh perspective, longevity of the soul, connecting heaven and earth, respect for Mother Earth, knowing that we are connected to an eternal source of unconditional love and wisdom, feminine energy, cycles of the moon, endurance & standing the test of time, vast journeys, protection & being protective, steadfastness & security, faithfulness, following the divine path, trusting and using your intuition). These gifts and lessons can be referred to as turtle energy or turtle qualities.
    See also the thread on Gerry's turtle mantra - you have the power! and other threads on the Straight Forward forum.
    With love ♥

Hi Grubbster,
    Are turtles really slow or is this their way of controlling time - a longevity mechanism?
    Turtles have subtle energies that we may not be able to recognize immediately.
    With love. ♥

Hi Starchild,

Yes, there's more out there. Gerry passed away on the AT on Aug. 20, doing what he loved - hiking and mapping the energies.
    Gerry was always a source of love, and his energy transformed into an expansive heart energy that can be accessed by anyone, if they choose to do so.

As a turtle spirit whose inherent energies are to act as a guide and protector, Gerry can guide those on their spiritual paths. He had a lot of earth magic, and could sense these earth energies easily.

Thank you for naming these other sources of energy. By accessing Gerry's energy, I can also sense and map out these energies. I'll be posting more on this. Some are drawn to the AT energies, and therein begins their spiritual awakening. A guide helps those on a spiritual journey to recognize which energies to work with and which to avoid because not all energies work with everyone. Trust and respect go hand in hand with compassion and love.

With love ♥

Gerry's spiritual path.

Lessons, exercises and practices to start you on your spiritual path:

Baby steps
    Step #1

Do you use all your senses or do you rely on only 1 or 2 of them?
    Do your senses work together?
    Can you fully experience something with all your senses?

Exercise to practice using your senses:

For each color below, describe it using your 5 physical senses (sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste). Use your imagination and intuition, inspiration from others or nature. Write this down, perhaps in a chart, you'll be using it later. Leave space in your chart to add in a sample of each color.

red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and violet.

Sounds simple, right? Which sense/color was most challenging to you?

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I saw a video of a turtle trying to mate with a plastic tricycle. It fell over backward. While I can relate to the turtle's desires, I have trouble considering it particularly smart, let alone the wisest of the animals.

Gerry's spiritual path.

Baby steps
    Step #2

Review your physical senses description for each of the 7 colors, you may wish to update them, or if you weren't able to come up with a sound for a color or two, then add these in. Once you're satisfied with your sensory descriptions, then proceed to the next action below.

In your color chart, add in or attach as sample of each of the 7 colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and violet). To add in, you colored pencil, marker, crayon, etc. You can also attach something to your chart that reflects each of your colors (my red may be different than your red). Ideally, you want your chart to be portable (unless you set this up in a specific location) so attach items that are light-weight and may also be fold-able.

Find a spot in which you can relax (and where you're not operating a motor vehicle or powered equipment, etc.).

Starting with red, experience each color in sequence through your physical senses for 20 seconds up to 2 minutes. If you have difficulty experiencing one or two of the senses for a particular color, tap in to turtle spirit energy to help. Then, experience each sequence color in reverse order starting with violet and ending with red. Practice this one to three times per day. ♥

Who's to say what is the spiritual path of this turtle in the video. Even the wisest of animals choose to experience life in different ways.

Turtle spirit qualities or energies are different than actual behaviors of an animal. Think of humans and archetypes....

Nameste ♥

Some what depressing to know people are making spiritual connections on the trail when I find it difficult to do much beyond concentrate on the trail and focus on not doing something stupid when not hiking- like leaving something behind at your camp site.
    I just spent a week on the trail and both my wife(at home) and I expected a lot of deep thinking/reflection to occur, after all, that happens while working(when its tedious or repetitive mostly), driving and at other times one might not expect. Once it became obvious that I wasnt going to re-invent my life while hiking I started to think that maybe I(and therefore others perhaps) had less need of thinking deeply about life then of just getting away from day to day modern life and back to basic no BS living day to day.
    Still trying to figure out why I even like LD hiking/backpacking, but I'm beginning to suspect its mostly due to the simplicity of trail life not requiring much deep thinking. Spent a lot of my life keeping my mind busy, maybe it wants a break

Hi Crossup,
    Spiritual hiking don't necessarily mean doing a lot of deep thinking/reflection.
    In fact, using these baby steps can help your brain be alert to your surroundings while you're enjoying the simplicity of just hiking (not being overloaded), the connection to earth and heaven, and connecting through your heart energy.
    Many have lost their spiritual connections and do various activities, particularly outdoors, in an attempt to reconnect.
    So, keeping getting away from modern life, keep going on your spiritual path - baby steps. Become more integrated with nature to manifest.
    Nameste ♥

Ironee, I know they are two different things, the point being backpack hiking was more immersive than I had expected so it tends to exclude some things more than I expected- I see lots of references to the "green tunnel" and the need to actively look for the beautiful as its easy to end up spending the day looking at your shoes. I was indeed overloaded(40+lb pack, not what you meant I'm sure ) which actually helped by forcing rest stops and a slow pace, both of which gave me time to take in nature. I also make a point of keeping a days hike well under my capablities so I can in fact, take time to see the sights if going off trail is required for that

Hi Crossup,

Thanks for sharing and clarifying.
    Immersive, great that you can get away and "be" in nature. Overloaded, you checked it out, and in future hikes you may choose to travel lighter, or not.

Green tunnel (not sure this was referenced in this post), looking for the beautiful, all well and good. The hike is as long as you want to make it. Taking in nature, usually means looking, breathing in fresh air, resting, smelling the scent of the woods, etc. All good stuff. The path of your hike is yours to determine as well, including your spiritual path in life.

Part of the attraction of hiking is rhythm, including pauses.
    We're beings that have various rhythms and frequencies - breathing, circulation, brainwaves, etc.

When we're out in nature, we're able to connect with parts of nature that also have natural (for the most part) rhythms and frequencies (unlike a good part of our man-made world). When you're out in nature, you can adjust your rhythms to entrain with nature's rhythms. ♥

Gerry's spiritual path.

Baby steps
    Step #3

What's your favorite place in nature? Describe your favorite nature place using your 5 physical senses (sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste), connect to your place. Walk around your nature place, picture yourself there, taking in the scents, fully experiencing this nature place. Write down your description of your nature place.

Now, put steps 2 & 3 together. Find a spot in which you can relax (and where you're not operating a motor vehicle or powered equipment, etc.).

Starting with red, experience each color in sequence through your physical senses for 20 seconds up to 2 minutes. If you have difficulty experiencing one or two of the senses for a particular color, tap in to turtle spirit energy to help. After you've experienced the color violet, then focus on arriving at your nature place. Fully experience your nature place, feel connected to the earth (even if you're in water or the air). Your nature place will ground you to earth's energies. Do this for a few minutes.

Next, when you're ready to leave your nature place, experience each sequence color in reverse order starting with violet and ending with red.

Practice this one to three times per day. ♥

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

This has got to be one of the most ignorant and misleading threads I've ever seen during my 15 years of being on whiteblaze.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Looks like someone went full retard at a safety meeting. Never ever go full retard. Just wasted about 2 minutes of my life reading this.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

I find it incredibly fascinating to see how others cope with life on a daily basis. If this line of thought is what it takes for the OP to cope with daily life and not go "Las Vegas" then more power to them. Definitely not my cup of tea though. Guess I'm just not that spiritual, especially about turtles. On the other hand they do make good soup.

Looks like you guys are tapping in to snapping turtle energy
    Just to be clear, I'm a science/tech guy and while I have a big box in my head labeled "what I dont understand", I can assure anyone trying to lead me to enlightenment that my prejudices will prevent success.
    FWIW, my sister has in all seriousness informed me that god told her he's going to visit me and make me a believer, still waiting for that after 40 years.
    Meanwhile my philosophy is: your beliefs are yours and mine are mine, you want to convert me? show me scientific proof.
    Ironee, I appreciate your encouragement but your path is not one I can walk on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++