WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The neoair xlite large (new model) is suitable for a tall person, doesn't have you slipping about, and is quiet. Feels super comfortable. The downside is it takes many breathes to inflate. Ideally you don't want it fully inflated to allow for some give. I recently saw a video where the guy put his buff over the mat and stuffed clothes under it for a pillow. He then put other stuff on the reverse side of the mat to elevate his head. I'll take a photo when I get around to setting it up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo L. View Post
    OK, the S2S looks pretty good, would fit me better than the Klymit.
    Suppose you inflate it by using a pump sack?
    Any issue with being slippery or noisy?
    The Sea-to-Summit pads rock. Slightly heavy compared to a NeoAir Xlite, but more comfortable and use less air and are less noisy and aren't slippery.
    Sea-to-Summit makes a pump sack, but check out this youtube link and never worry about inflating your pad again.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Thanks nsherry61, honestly, this video made me laugh, and doubt a bit if I'm really ready to HYOH using this technique.
    Have to go find a shop which has such a mat in store to try myself.

Another question, if sleeping in a narrow space and have the desire to inflate the mat a bit more, is it possible to blow it up by mouth while laying on the mat? Lifting one's own body?

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Just be sure to get the insulated Static V for 3 season use...
    Thanks for the hint, seems to be important as I really hate to be cold from the floor.

Journal Entries

I sent back my thermorest after not being able to field repair a leak. They say there may be a charge, which I would be willing to pay. They however sent me a new one, 1 oz lighter, and with no charge except the shipping to them.

With that said the prolite model I used on my AT thru and didn't sleep well. It just was not thick enough. I got it because I was coming from a Big Agnus pad which was such a chose to inflate, that i didn't deflate it totally when packing just to save some breaths, also during my hike I was dreading having to inflate that thing. So I went wit a self inflating pad next (the pro-lite).

Yeah, just realized that there is some kind of liftime-warranty on my Thermarest.
    Its about 3 yrs old, and already was a replacement of a mat that I had sent in for a standard repair (several leaks I counldn't fix myself), but got back as a disintegrated cylinder. Instead of repairing they ruined it completely.

OK, the recent mat is defect, and I can't lose much when sending it in, max. the shipping (which is about €15,-).
    Thanks so much for the hint!

Will still have a look for a better mat, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++