WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mount Washington Visitor Center

Hello All,

Kind of a stupid question. I'm planning a hike through the Whites. There's a possibility that I might need to respond to a few time sensitive work items during that time frame. Does anyone know if the Mount Washington Visitors Center at the summit or any of the huts have internet access so I could quickly check emails?
    Thanks.

Nope. Wifi is not available except in towns. Anywhere. There should be cell phone coverage, so make sure you have a good data plan with your provider. Typically not an issue today.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

There is cell service with some level of data generally available along the ridge from Crawford Notch to Madison. There is less availability along the Franconia Ridge and over to Crawford Notch. There are some low spots like around Ethan Pond that have no service. The huts do not have grid power and operate on very limited locally generated power (they dont charge cell phones) and discourage cell phone use at the hut. As far as I am aware there are no publicly available computers with internet access on the summit at the State Park facility on the summit. (the Cog railroad and the Autoroad do not have separate facilities they share the state park building) If you are willing to detour off the AT you may be able to access an internet connected computer at the AMC Highland Center, you should give them a call to verify. It is short hitch (but a long walk) from the AT crossing on RT 302 up and over Crawford Notch to the Highland Center. There is a public internet terminal in the Gorham Public Library and the Pinkham Notch Hut may have a public terminal (call to verify).

Do note that the huts will start closing for the season over the next 4 weeks. Only two are open year round.

I had three bars of LTE on Mt. Washington, enough to FaceTime with my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In fact, I FaceTime’d from nearly every summit in the Whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

++ New Posts ++