WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Just Checking In!

Well....I still have the itch! The AT continues to call my name. For the past few years, I have been exploring the mountains of western North Carolina. But the AT is never far from my heart.

Anybody remember me?
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

If you live in Morganton then you live close to my old backpacking stomping grounds---beloved Pisgah NF Grandfather ranger district. I spent 40 years backpacking Upper Creek, Steels Creek, Harper/North Harper, Lost Cove Creek, Gragg Prong, Raider Camp, and all points within.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    If you live in Morganton then you live close to my old backpacking stomping grounds---beloved Pisgah NF Grandfather ranger district. I spent 40 years backpacking Upper Creek, Steels Creek, Harper/North Harper, Lost Cove Creek, Gragg Prong, Raider Camp, and all points within.
    I remember you Tipi!! Hope you are well. Mostly I have been hiking in Linville Gorge, Wilson Creek, Lost Cove, Shining Rock Wilderness and all over Pisgah NF Grandfather district. I love it out here, especially the waterfalls.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Is Rocketsocks (aka Snotty) still hang out in these parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    I remember you Tipi!! Hope you are well. Mostly I have been hiking in Linville Gorge, Wilson Creek, Lost Cove, Shining Rock Wilderness and all over Pisgah NF Grandfather district. I love it out here, especially the waterfalls.
    Hi there. So, I am venturing onto the AT for my very first time next week! I will be doing about 30 miles in the Roan Mountain Highlands. Ever been up that way? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by surf-to-summit View Post
    Hi there. So, I am venturing onto the AT for my very first time next week! I will be doing about 30 miles in the Roan Mountain Highlands. Ever been up that way? Any advice would be most appreciated.
    What a beautiful time of year to go! Not sure if you will be covering this section, but Overmountain Shelter is one of my favorites. I rarely stay in shelters, but this one is an exception. You will go to sleep and wake up to the most amazing view. You cross the water source as you approach the shelter. The weather can be very changeable up there, so be prepared for rain and cool nights despite the forecast. Other than that, have an amazing journey!

Here's some pics to welcome you back to the world of Cyber Backpacking---

TRIP 157 156-XL.jpg
    Bard Falls on Harper/North Harper Creek

TRIP 157 273-XL.jpg
    North Harper Falls

TRIP 157 370-XL.jpg
    Upper Creek Canyon-Gorge!!

TRIP 157 410-XL.jpg
    My buddy Patman at Little Lost Cove Falls

TRIP 157 449-XL.jpg
    The first canyon of Steels Creek

Beautiful! Bard Falls, North Harper Creek Falls and Little Lost Cove FAlls look familiar. This has been an especially good summer for waterfalls hikes with all the rain we have had.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Welcome back Creek Dancer!

Of course 'ol Socks is still here! We wouldn't be able to get rid of him even if we wanted to.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Well....I still have the itch! The AT continues to call my name. For the past few years, I have been exploring the mountains of western North Carolina. But the AT is never far from my heart.

Anybody remember me?
    howdy......

here I'm is! How could I forget she who dances in creeks. Welcome back. No hiking for me these days, glad you're doing well.

Images

I remember you!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

Snotty!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    howdy......
    Hey Lone Wolf! Hope you and Gypsy are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefduffy View Post
    I remember you!
    I remember you too! Hope you are well.

++ New Posts ++