WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Shuttle from Millinocket, Me to Bangor, Me

Sorry for additional posting in Shuttles, but actually looking for good experiences for a shuttle ride from Millinocket, Me to Bangor, Me so I can catch the bus down to the Amtrack in White River, Vt

Journal Entries

Suggest you call the AT Lodge in Millinocket. 207-723-4321

They can help you, or connect you with someone. We did not use a shuttle from Bangor (had a rental car), but we did use them to shuttle us to Baxter and JoMary Rd. They were reasonably priced and responsible.

AT Lodge is pretty much the gold standard.

FYI there is no bus service between Bangor Maine and WRJ VT. You will need to take a combination of buses from Bangor to Portland to South Station Boston and then take Amtrak north to WRJ VT. I dont think you can do it all in one day. There may be a bus from Boston to WRJ in place of Amtrak. A FYI is North Station in Boston is separated by a few miles from South Station in Boston. Make sure you end up in the right train station. Technically you go south to Boston and then north from Boston to WRJ.

Journal Entries

Default flip flop from Millinocket, Me back to Harpers Ferry

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    AT Lodge is pretty much the gold standard.

FYI there is no bus service between Bangor Maine and WRJ VT. You will need to take a combination of buses from Bangor to Portland to South Station Boston and then take Amtrak north to WRJ VT. I dont think you can do it all in one day. There may be a bus from Boston to WRJ in place of Amtrak. A FYI is North Station in Boston is separated by a few miles from South Station in Boston. Make sure you end up in the right train station. Technically you go south to Boston and then north from Boston to WRJ.
    Sounds to me like no easy route from Millinocket to Amtrak in WRJ VT. Might as well take the bus ride all the way back to Harpers Ferry. Will there be a bus route in Bangor that will take me back to HF?

Once you get to Bostons South Station you have plenty of options to head south, Amtrak, Megabus and Greyhound. There is a commuter Amtrak train that runs from Brunswick Me through Portland to North Station in Boston but you really need to get to South Station to open up your options to head south.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    Once you get to Bostons South Station you have plenty of options to head south, Amtrak, Megabus and Greyhound. There is a commuter Amtrak train that runs from Brunswick Me through Portland to North Station in Boston but you really need to get to South Station to open up your options to head south.
    No need to go to WRJ, you'd just end up back in Boston and you have to go to Boston to get to WRJ.
    Getting from North Station to South station isn't too hard - use the subway or walk. It's not that far. Looks like all kinds of options for the Boston to DC run. For the best price, book early and on line. Otherwise it could cost you a fortune.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Yes, South Station is the hub for travel south. From Bangor, you can take a Greyhound or a Concord Bus (nicer and makes fewer stops). From Boston's South Station, Amtrak, and also Greyhound and Megabus and other buses will get you to New York's Penn Station, Washington DC, and points south.

The AT Lodge in Millinocket will shuttle you to the Bangor bus station in time to catch either bus, and you don't need to buy a bus ticket ahead of time; you can get one in Bangor.

Journal Entries

Thanks to all for helping me take the right connections from Katahdin back to HF!!

++ New Posts ++