WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DrL View Post
    I'm headed out for a couple of nights tomorrow and will give the extended 12 minute method a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Buried in the bowels of WhiteBlaze is a one time quick test of the Barilla Tortellini performed on my kitchen stove top.
    It went something like this:
    Place water and tortellini in a pot on the stove.
    Turn on stove. Bring water to a boil.
    Turn off stove. Remove pot from burner and let stand covered.
    At 5 minutes the tortellini was chewy. Between 10 & 12 minutes the tortellini was just right.
    I have some new cooking gear to test and I shall repeat the test with the tortellini.
    Stand by.
    Wayne
    The above method worked just fine. I brought ~10 ounces of water and about a half cup of tortellini to a boil. Killed the stove and waited 12 minutes. I cut up salami while I waited. Added salami, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. I didn't drain the water. Prefer to eat it soup style.

No more soaking for me.

So glad it worked for you.
    Tasty and filling I'm guessing?
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

I just use the ziplock baggie and move it to a safe spot in my pack. No problems to date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I don't think he gets it DrL. My wife and I are planning the same way. We are dehydrating our food now, for an April start on the AT. We are doing this because we eat a plant based diet, and there is not a lot of options for us. We have already thought of soaking some things a couple of hours before reaching camp. And the ziplock bags can be eaten out of with a homemade cozy, and the only mess to clean up is packing out the empty bag until you arrive at the next town.

I just use the ziplock baggie and move it to a safe spot in my pack. No problems to date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I don't think he gets it DrL. My wife and I are planning the same way. We are dehydrating our food now, for an April start on the AT. We are doing this because we eat a plant based diet, and there is not a lot of options for us. We have already thought of soaking some things a couple of hours before reaching camp. And the ziplock bags can be eaten out of with a homemade cozy, and the only mess to clean up is packing out the empty bag until you arrive at the next town.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++