WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

For short hikes and travel, I have a little pill container that I keep in my pocket at all times so I can get to medicine quickly. For longer hikes, I have the same pocket container but will keep the original bottles stashed away to refill it every week or so.

ever since I started backpacking, my wallet's always lightweight

I plan, therefore I am Strategic's Avatar
    Images

I use a ziplock bag for meds as well as for a wallet. Snack size does just fine unless you have a lot of meds or they're especially fragile. The wallet ziplock stays in one of my pockets with cash, ID, a couple of credit cards, and my car key (I leave the other keys well-hidden in the car.) The meds bag lives in my hygiene kit along with the soap, toothbrush, etc.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

My wife buys something called cauliflower at the grocery store and I get the rubber band for a wallet.

Default I use a free, hunting/fishing license holder

Super light. Lasts longer and things don't slide around as much as a snack ziploc. https://cdn.usimprints.com/images/pr...e-holder-1.jpg Fits things like credit cards and driver's license perfectly.

I get them for free where I buy my licenses.

ID + atm card + cc, folded between a few bills, wrapped with one of those thick produce rubber bands

I'm currently using a compact Leather RFID wallet but you guys have got me thinking of changing it to something lighter...I was in a camping store yesterday and they had 100% waterproof, clear flexible plastic zip lock pouches, for carrying mobile smartphones in, for about $7...It would be big enough to carry my phone plus a credit card or two and a few banknotes as well, with the benefit of being waterproof too. I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S9, which is waterproof anyway (up to a point) but the fact that such a pouch would allow me to carry my phone with me while I'm swimming in the Sea or a Lake or River, would be another plus point...Because I hate leaving my valuables on the shore while I go snorkelling, especially if there is a chance someone could snatch my bag and run off with it while I still have my head down in the water and can't see them...

Bought an entire package of these small ziploc bags at Hobby Lobby. It was like $2 for 100. Fits IDs perfectly. Just throw the used ones out after each trip.

Definitely plastic bag! Hiker trash for the win.

You know those tyvek cardholder things they give you at the bank? ID, credit card, $20 bill. That’s it for me

I use a British Treadlite DCM/cuben fiber bi-fold wallet...The lightest bi-fold, cash and credit card holding wallet in the world...The site says it weighs 6.9 grams but my digital scale says it weighs just 6.8 grams...Not cheap though...£23.99 ($31.55)! I went for the olive "camo" green version which is perfect for wild camping (which is illegal here without the landowners permission), where you don't want to carry anything bright in colour that might get you noticed. https://www.treadlitegear.co.uk/moun...allet-48-p.asp I also bought one of their DCM first aid zip pouch's, which weighs just 8.3 grams...My original first aid pouch weighed 59 grams! That was much more reasonably priced https://www.treadlitegear.co.uk/cube...pouch-20-p.asp

I've seen many use the ziploc bag approach. I used a binder clip while thru hiking. Only carried DL, 1 credit and 1 debit card, insurance card, cash. I liked the minimalist approach so much I continue to use it a year and a half later.

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    Staying healthy enough to not need prescription medicine, at least that is my personal philosophy.
    Great for medical conditions you can control

I use a heavy duty Ziploc that's just larger than a credit card. It's designed to carry security identification that needs to be displayed. I carry my DL, insurance card, debit card and a few bucks cash. I used to carry paper with phone numbers on it but I now wear a Road ID silicone bracelet on my person and have a small dog tag stitched to both of my packs... Makes it easy to ID if my carcass is separated from my gear..

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Calamine View Post
    What's the ultralight tactic for prescription medicine? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Over kill I know, but: I have a large pill bottle, in it my individual meds are in small snack bags wrapped long ways, also have room for Vitamin I, Immodium, and Migrane pills.
    Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt View Post
    +1 Switched to this and I use it off trail daily as well. However, I also sometimes use a Z Packs Pouch because it holds change quieter than just jingling in the pockets.
    There's something terribly ironic about carrying change in an ultralight wallet.

Anyone use their Tilly secret stash pocket?

...a gram counters wallet is almost always empty any way wallet: pointless - Ziploc baggy....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++