NOBO Thru Hike / Several Questions

Only experience was walking the 500 miles Camino Frances from St. Jean-Pied da Port to Santiago de Compostela; one of the St. James Way in Spain.
The more I read about the AT, the more I am challenge to want to do it. Soooo....I am seriously planning doing it on 2018....

IMPORTANT Background info to consider when sharing your advice:
1) I am first timer as Hiker (Novice) as far as wilderness goes. BUT I want to face this challenge and I am sure other fellow AT hikers would support me on the trail sharing knowledge etc....
2) Considering starting: Last wk of March / 1st wk April // Thru Hike - Mt. Springer to Mt. Katahdin by no later than Sep: 5 to 5.5 months
3) Not doing drop off @ Post Office / Do not have means to alternate gear

4) I realize there are many options regarding equipment and ways to go about gearing up etc...FYI I can not afford and not interested in expensive equipment or gear. I would appreciate just the basics and most economical options to make it all the way thru.

Questions:

Avg Temp 2016
Gainesville, GA 3rd wk Mar 24F / 69F // 1st wk Apr 48F / 80F
Millinocket, Maine 4th wk Aug 46F / 84F // 2nd wk Sep 44F / 71F

Clothing
: Note: Just to be clear....I plan to carry them the whole trip. What I should have? and # of pieces?

Day time (Walking)

Night time (Camp / Sleeping)

Sleeping:
I have read many articles....ended up more confuse than anything....The question then is: What will work for both Autumn (Layering with clothes) / Summer temps? Appreciate most economical options for Sleeping Bag and/or Quilt

Tent: 1 person & Backpack inside
Options:
Free Standing & Semi-Free Standing