WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Evernew Ti Mug 760 FD 2.5oz!!!

Maybe I did a bad job searching, but I couldn't find any reviews on this?

2.5oz seems pretty great! Love to hear feed back from anyone that has used this particular pot and if it is sturdy enough; looks like the dimensions will fit a gas canister. Thanks for any words of advice

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by poolskaterx View Post
    Maybe I did a bad job searching, but I couldn't find any reviews on this?

2.5oz seems pretty great! Love to hear feed back from anyone that has used this particular pot and if it is sturdy enough; looks like the dimensions will fit a gas canister. Thanks for any words of advice
    Ok,ok... maybe I'm a little impatient? 40 views and not a single reply! I just bought the darn pot and I'll let ya'll know what I think of it when I get it.

lol, I forgot to refresh my page; it was over 90 views, ha,ha!

Hmm. Well, not having a lid probably helps with the weight.

They sell a lid for it that adds 13 grams, making it still the lightest I have found in this size. Myself, I'll just use tin foil as it is multipurpose

Wow!!! This pot is light; I couldn't wait till I got home to post. I guess 69grams feels even lighter when it is in the shape of a cook pot. I'm stoked.

IMG_2845.JPG in all its' glory

I gotta check and make sure a gas canister fits inside when I get home but I am 99.9% sure it will. This is gonna shave some ounces from my previous cook pot!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well?????
    Which canister fits inside? Time to boil 500 ml?
    Cheers!
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Well?????
    Which canister fits inside? Time to boil 500 ml?
    Cheers!
    Wayne

The small diameter canisters fit. I think they are specified as 3.5in. Going from my Optimus weekender pot set and folding crux stove I am shaving over 10 ounces, WOW!!! I just boiled with my new BRS ti stove (it is so tiny) and I was at a rolling boil at just under 3 minutes... did I mention I just shaved 10 ounces!!!
    New stove 25grams vs 88g for the old stove, new pot is 68g vs old pot and fry lid at 290g; old pot set up was the fry pan/pot combo with the heat ring from Optimus(it did work very good)

Will you be cooking in it or only boiling water, and if so, what will you be cooking? Does not having a lid bring any problems?

Mostly water just boiling water. Noodles and rice is about the extent of cooking if you can call that cooking, lol. I'll fashion a lid to keep heat in when boiling; the DIY is my favorite part👍

3 minutes to boil how many ounces of water?
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    3 minutes to boil how many ounces of water?
    Wayne

It wasn't a real technical test; probably about 450ml or a little more (about a cup of coffee); I was really just checking to make sure the stove worked. I'll do some actual tests with temps and timers if you are curious. The pot is very thin so heat transfers instantly and the little ti BRS stove is pretty impressive (again its so tiny). Ill put some images up comparing my optimus crux stove and the BRS; should I start a new thread for that since this is supposed to be about the pot?

No worries. Just curious. I'm pleased with my new JetBoil SOL. I also picked up a SnowPeak 700 pot and Pocket Rocket Labor Day weekend. My stoves and pots runneth over.
    Thanks! Enjoy!
    Wayne

I may post up when I test it out as I am a little curious myself 👍🏻

IMG_2847.JPGIMG_2846.JPG
    My home made pot lid at 11grams; it's the bottom of a Trader Joe's coffee can and a pop rivet bent over for the handle.

When will you be cooking in it?

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    When will you be cooking in it?
    Not sure "exactly" what you are asking? Do you want to know about "on the trail" tests? If so it'll be in 3-4 weeks.

At elevation of 200ft above sea level I did a 500ml test on 68 degree water; had it bubbling at just under 2 minutes. I made quick/sloppy video but I have no real way to link it and post

Quote Originally Posted by poolskaterx View Post
    At elevation of 200ft above sea level I did a 500ml test on 68 degree water; had it bubbling at just under 2 minutes. I made quick/sloppy video but I have no real way to link it and post
    Well, I used the pot over a 3 day trip into Desolation Wilderness and it worked great!!! Only issue I had was afterwards with the DIY lid... it started rusting when I got home; not a huge deal but it's not how I roll,lol. For $12 I picked up the matching Evernew "multi dish" that works as a lid and a plate (multi use) It also works as a super cool titanium coffee mug coaster on my desk when not hiking. Love the new set up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++