WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

AT 2012

Default The East Coast Trail and Trailgrove Issue 35

wow. too bad it looks really hard to get there. anyone hike it? ...just waiting for someone to point me to the thirty existing threads!!!
    Lazarus

I found a website that has quite of bit of info for the ECT

https://www.ectthruhike.com

I'm planning to hike it next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT 2012

seems like a sweet trail. how the h@#@ do you plan to get there? (lazy man's question... just wondering. looks like a challenge to get to the trail head.)
    Lazarus

You can fly into St. Johns and get a taxi to the trailhead. There are specifics on the main ectthruhike.com webpage. Just scroll down to the section about transportation. Let me know if you have any other questions about the trail. It's a great trail!

I did part of the Southern portion of this trail last summer. As others have mentioned it is fairly easy to access being so close to St. John's. Resupply opportunities are a bit limited as the stores in the small towns tend to be on the teeny size. The one thing to know is that, at least on the part I did, while the trail is rough and rugged you never really felt that far in the wild as you pass through towns daily and can almost always see something man made if you are not bound in by evergreens.

I did Renews to Cape Broyle Head last June and the trail was not in very good shape. I heard from others it was better north of there and also a bit more interesting. Trails are soft and slippery as all get out when wet. Not at all hardened.

Plan to go back some summer soon and head south from St. John's to Cape Broyle and then go back another summer and head north from the city. Only problem with that plan is they keep making it longer

Also took taxi to trail head approx $120 for two of us.

++ New Posts ++