WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

October is the new September.

After a false start to fall (all of a couple of days), it's been back to summer up here in northern NH. The lack of rain for the last month or two and the warm temps have resulted in a lack luster foliage season here. Many leaves are just drying up and falling off the trees. What color there is, is very muted. Hopefully the cold front promised for later this week will bring some relief, but not much of any rain. 60's days, 40's night would be nice for a while.

Even at the best of times, water can be scarce in NY, so hope that isn't a problem for you.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Well we did it. 206 miles in 11.5 days. CT, NY, NJ complete. Sitting at the bakery in DWG this morning to my first cup of coffee in 12 days. Ill be doing a detailed trip review when I get home yes slogoen water was a real issue in NY, and NY can keep their agony grind lol
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Well we did it. 206 miles in 11.5 days. CT, NY, NJ complete. Sitting at the bakery in DWG this morning to my first cup of coffee in 12 days. Ill be doing a detailed trip review when I get home yes slogoen water was a real issue in NY, and NY can keep their agony grind lol
    Congrats! But seriously, you could have found coffee if you'd wanted it bad enough

Nobody likes Agony Grind.

Quote Originally Posted by rafe View Post
    Congrats! But seriously, you could have found coffee if you'd wanted it bad enough
    Nobody likes Agony Grind.
    I had coffee with me, just took a break from coffee while on the trail. Gunna walk around in PA till sunday flight home
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Awesome, glad to hear it! Glad you had a better experience then the last time you were hiking in CT, I recall you got pretty sick after I ran into you on Bear Mountain in Salisbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
    Awesome, glad to hear it! Glad you had a better experience then the last time you were hiking in CT, I recall you got pretty sick after I ran into you on Bear Mountain in Salisbury.
    That i did. This trip was a great deal better! Took a nasty fall yesterday on some wet rocks, cracked my head on a rock, cut my finger pretty good but it buffed out pretty well only fell about 4 ft down into the bushes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++