WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone got experience with these specific bags?

Looking for experience with them being used in a winter camping environment. Bottom insulation is covered. I do not want a quilt, I don't want a different bag, I'm looking at these for specific reasons. Any experience with them is greatly helpful.

The North Face Furnace 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
    Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree DriDown Sleeping Bag
    Outdoor Vitals Summit 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
    Marmot Never Summer Sleeping Bag 0 Degree Down

My son uses the Kelty Cosmic 0 for scouts for winter time. The newer versions of this bag are 600 fill instead of 550. Good value bag, not the lightest.

I've seen but not used the Outdoor Vitals 0 and I have a hard time believing it is a 0 based upon the loft.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

I have the Never Summer 0° down bag. It's true to rating, in my experience. Sleeping in heavy fleece, beanie, gloves, heavy socks, I can be quite comfortable down into the negative single digits. It's surely not Western Mountaineering, but it's fair value for the price.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    I have the Never Summer 0° down bag. It's true to rating, in my experience. Sleeping in heavy fleece, beanie, gloves, heavy socks, I can be quite comfortable down into the negative single digits. It's surely not Western Mountaineering, but it's fair value for the price.
    Do you know if the down is treated at all? That'd be a useful thing to know and work with. Dridown stuff is really nice. Condensations a bitch.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenul View Post
    Do you know if the down is treated at all? That'd be a useful thing to know and work with. Dridown stuff is really nice. Condensations a bitch.
    I think it may be in the current models. Mine's a few years old. The web site says:

• Certified 650 Fill Power Down with Down Defender to Improve Water-Resistance in Wet Conditions

whatever that means.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    I think it may be in the current models. Mine's a few years old. The web site says:

• Certified 650 Fill Power Down with Down Defender to Improve Water-Resistance in Wet Conditions

whatever that means.
    Turns out it is, ordered one from Moosejaw today. Thanks for the help. Can't wait to see how this effects my financially this month though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenul View Post
    Turns out it is, ordered one from Moosejaw today. Thanks for the help. Can't wait to see how this effects my financially this month though.
    You better see how it affects your sleeping comfort.
    Moosejaw is good with returns IF it doesn't show any signs of use. Like don't cut the hangtags off. I bought a TNF Hightail 3S from them and returned about 3 days after I received it for a full refund.
    More importantly, did you ever define "winter conditions"? I may have missed it.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

++ New Posts ++