WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hyke & Byke Eulos 15* down-filled - 2.5/2.8 Lbs - $149.99

Looks reasonable from the marketing hype. Thoughts/advice?
    zig-zag man

There is no such thing as free.

REI Igneo 17. On sale until September 4. Sleep in it all winter. If the temperature rating or fit aren't right, exchange or refund in less than 1 year from purchase.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    REI Igneo 17. On sale until September 4. Sleep in it all winter. If the temperature rating or fit aren't right, exchange or refund in less than 1 year from purchase.
    Wayne

At $299, that's about $99 out of my budget for a bag. Looks like a great bag, however.
    zig-zag man

You missed the "it's on sale" and "sleep in it for a year test drive" part.
    But for about $100 less you get a pig in a poke that could be $150 over priced.
    It's your money. Rock & Roll.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

You missed the "it's on sale" and "sleep in it for a year test drive" part.
    But for about $100 less you get a pig in a poke that could be $150 over priced.
    It's your money. Rock & Roll.
    Wayne

I didn't miss anything. I went to REI's sight and didn't see it on sale, that's all. Maybe you could post a link to the "sale", "test drive it for a year" sight. Thanks.
    zig-zag man

REI Igneo 17. On sale until September 4.
    I'm not seeing that, Wayne; that is, REI does have a sale on, but the Igneo 17 isn't part of it. It's easy enough to go to REI's site, select "Save up to 30% on select tents and sleeping bags", select brand "REI Co-op", select category "Sleeping Bags and Accessories" and see that there are no Igneo bags on sale. Or you can go direct to the Igneo 17 here and see that it's at regular ($299) price.

I have no experience with the bag, so I can't comment on the Hyke & Byke Eolus 15°. However, I do have a suggestion about how to buy it. Instead of getting it direct from the manufacturer, buy it from their eBay store. You're automatically covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee, and you earn eBay Bucks (if you sign up for them). $149.99 delivered is a pretty sweet price.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEaster View Post
    I have no experience with the bag, so I can't comment on the Hyke & Byke Eolus 15°. However, I do have a suggestion about how to buy it. Instead of getting it direct from the manufacturer, buy it from their eBay store. You're automatically covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee, and you earn eBay Bucks (if you sign up for them). $149.99 delivered is a pretty sweet price.
    Thanks DE. I think I'm going to go with the BA Lost Ranger 15* down bag. Better known brand name, I like the pad and pillow panel that's built-in, and I like the slightly roomier foot box.
    zig-zag man

Quote Originally Posted by zig-zag man View Post
    Thanks DE. I think I'm going to go with the BA Lost Ranger 15* down bag. Better known brand name, I like the pad and pillow panel that's built-in, and I like the slightly roomier foot box.
    If that's what you want, it's a good opportunity to experience shopping at Moosejaw; they're a hoot! Do note that a roomier footbox and attached pad is not without issues: when you move your legs a bellows effect can pull in cold air. Also the roomier face opening may make it harder to get a good seal from the neck baffle if you sleep on your side. If you're a back sleeper who doesn't move around much I think this would be a solid choice for sleeping bag.

I have used the 32* hyke & byke bag for about a year now have have been very happy with it. My son has the 15* bag and like it also. These were the bags we used at Philmont in June this year. In my opinion it's a great value for the money. Several other scouters also purchased after seeing ours. They are available on Amazon and direct from their website which does offer additional discounts sometimes.

++ New Posts ++