WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Guthooks: Why can't you search for a specific shelter/peak/waypoint?

Am I blind? It seems like a great feature to have but I don't see it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdennis View Post
    Am I blind? It seems like a great feature to have but I don't see it anywhere.
    I've wondered the same. Can't seem to reach support....

Quote Originally Posted by joefryfry View Post
    I have been in touch with Ryan about another issue. I'll ping him and see if he's able to pop into this thread and answer the question.

go to the way point list view and scroll to the top of the list and type in your search in the search bar that appears

There's a waypoint list view??

what version are you running? iOS or Andriod? i am running iOS and there is a list button under the map that brings up lists of way-points that you can search...also i only have the Acadia NP guthook, bought it to try the app out...

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    go to the way point list view and scroll to the top of the list and type in your search in the search bar that appears

Works well. Tells you how far you have to go.

Default Guthooks: Why can't you search for a specific shelter/peak/waypoint?

I've got the android app for PCT and TRT. Both work the same; You can click the button in the middle at the top, called GUIDE, to get to the waypoints. A problem I've found is that it doesn't show all the waypoints. But, it works great for those that it does have. it shows how far you are from the waypoint, and you can show the waypoint on the map or profile. Also, there are pics and additional information about many of these waypoints.

I have the AT Android version. At the top there are three menu options, Map, Guild & Elevation. Pick Guide and there's the Search option that will find all entries that meet the search criteria (Shelters, Peaks, Waypoints, etc).

If your trail map has sections make sure you have the correct section selected for the corresponding Shelter/Peak/etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am here! Joe, how did you try to reach us before?

As a few folks have mentioned here already, yes, the search bar in the iPhone app is at the top of any waypoint list (in the "List" tab). In Android, it's the "Search" button at the top of the "Guide" tab.

Quote Originally Posted by guthook View Post
    I am here! Joe, how did you try to reach us before?

As a few folks have mentioned here already, yes, the search bar in the iPhone app is at the top of any waypoint list (in the "List" tab). In Android, it's the "Search" button at the top of the "Guide" tab.
    I didn't, because I couldn't find any contact info anywhere. I love the app BTW and anyone would be NUTS to not have it loaded on their device. Put your phone in airplane mode, and its all you need.

I didn't, because I couldn't find any contact info anywhere. I love the app BTW and anyone would be NUTS to not have it loaded on their device. Put your phone in airplane mode, and its all you need.
    Actually, I do recall discussing with support asking if the route is kept up to date with reroutes, etc since I am section hiking and wondering if I needed to repurchase it yearly. I bought the whole AT package after being told it was a one time purchase that would be kept up to date with updates to the app. I only need it for about the next 25 years.

And I see the search area now. Never noticed it before.

And I see the search area now. Never noticed it before.
    Me either. Unless you pull down, it stays hidden. Glad to know the feature is (has always been) there!

Images

I didn't, because I couldn't find any contact info anywhere.
    support [at] atlasguides.com

It's listed under "Contact" on their website.

I've used their support before and was pleased with how fast my issue was resolved.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Actually, I do recall discussing with support asking if the route is kept up to date with reroutes, etc since I am section hiking and wondering if I needed to repurchase it yearly. I bought the whole AT package after being told it was a one time purchase that would be kept up to date with updates to the app. I only need it for about the next 25 years.
    I sure hope the app will still be around in 25 years, even if I'm not the one taking care of it then ;-) You heard right, though. It's a one time purchase and all updates come with that purchase. They update automatically. I will say that we have toyed with the idea of switching to an annual subscription, but there's no timeline for that yet, and the only solid details we've settled on are that if we DO end up switching to that, we'd grant lifetime subscriptions to everyone who had already bought the apps with the one-time purchases previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundracamper View Post
    Me either. Unless you pull down, it stays hidden. Glad to know the feature is (has always been) there!
    You know, I did that because it's part of Apple's "best practices and guidelines" to keep the search bar initially hidden-- it's the same with their standard apps like Mail, Podcasts, Pages, Numbers, Notes, and a bunch of others. But I guess it's not something that is entirely required. Maybe, as with my socks, it's time for a change?

++ New Posts ++