WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default LNT at its finest on the Platte River and CT....

Pathetic.....assume most is from car campers and day use but did see lots of MH meals etc......SAD....come on people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rarely see this kind of stuff on my backpacking trips because I never use these roadside restrooms and avoid them religiously. As you know, anyplace near a road and rolling traffic is subject to this kind of thing. Best thing to do is go deep in the woods where casual rolling couch potatoes CANNOT GO and when needed dig out a cathole for your business.

Journal Entries

Its a popular fly fishing spot
    But im sure hikers had their contribution

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    I rarely see this kind of stuff on my backpacking trips because I never use these roadside restrooms and avoid them religiously. As you know, anyplace near a road and rolling traffic is subject to this kind of thing. Best thing to do is go deep in the woods where casual rolling couch potatoes CANNOT GO and when needed dig out a cathole for your business.
    Yep, but in this particular case, the roadside restroom is right beside a 10-mile burn area. If you are in the burn area and you need to go, there's often not much privacy. On the other hand, looking at how disgusting that toilet is, I might prefer to risk someone seeing my bare arse in the burn area...

I've never understood why they would build a restroom but not have trash service. Its just inviting this sort of thing. And once the first person sees a trash bag in there everybody is going to do it. Just like fire rings collect trash...one person sees a piece of trash in there and then everybody thinks its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by StubbleJumper View Post
    Yep, but in this particular case, the roadside restroom is right beside a 10-mile burn area. If you are in the burn area and you need to go, there's often not much privacy. On the other hand, looking at how disgusting that toilet is, I might prefer to risk someone seeing my bare arse in the burn area...
    Exactly what I did!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    I've never understood why they would build a restroom but not have trash service. Its just inviting this sort of thing. And once the first person sees a trash bag in there everybody is going to do it. Just like fire rings collect trash...one person sees a piece of trash in there and then everybody thinks its ok.
    Yep so true....

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Pathetic.....assume most is from car campers and day use but did see lots of MH meals etc......SAD....come on people...

I suppose we can at least be glad that they dumped the trash next to the toilet, and not inside it.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I suppose we can at least be glad that they dumped the trash next to the toilet, and not inside it.
    I didn't look but I'd assume was full also...see sign

Also on the bright side of this I guess sooner or later all that mess will be properly disposed of and it is not being blown all over the outdoors. I read somewhere that parks actually don't put barrels out on purpose because people use them they get filled up and someone has to empty them. Some folks are just baffled by what to do when there isn't what they think should be there I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious G View Post
    Also on the bright side of this I guess sooner or later all that mess will be properly disposed of and it is not being blown all over the outdoors. I read somewhere that parks actually don't put barrels out on purpose because people use them they get filled up and someone has to empty them. Some folks are just baffled by what to do when there isn't what they think should be there I think.
    Especially roadside places, people would pull over and empty their car trash into the barrels and fill them up.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

++ New Posts ++