WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    For the life of me I can't fathom why anyone would purposely disfigure themselves....they always remind me of a carny or prisoner.....
    Personally, I got my tattoo when I was about 43. I don't consider it disfiguring. It's a true work of art. I thought about it for 18 years. It's a memorial piece for my daughter Autumn.

You really ought to think "before you speak." Every tattoo tells a story. Though I will admit there are some "stories" I look at and have to scratch my head about. While my tattoo may not tell the story in a very clear way to those that don't know the story behind it, it's beautiful without knowing the story. I frequently receive compliments from complete strangers wherever I go - grocery store, events, etc.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    Personally, I got my tattoo when I was about 43. I don't consider it disfiguring. It's a true work of art. I thought about it for 18 years. It's a memorial piece for my daughter Autumn.

You really ought to think "before you speak." Every tattoo tells a story. Though I will admit there are some "stories" I look at and have to scratch my head about. While my tattoo may not tell the story in a very clear way to those that don't know the story behind it, it's beautiful without knowing the story. I frequently receive compliments from complete strangers wherever I go - grocery store, events, etc.
    I love it. My first thought when I saw it was, "that reminds me of autumn". It's a beautiful reminder...sorry for your loss.

Images

Let's try to be a little more accepting, people.

Personally, I'll probably never get a tattoo, because in my 30+ years I've never even come close to seeing anything I liked so much that I wanted it permanently drawn on my skin.

But some people like their tattoos, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Even if it doesn't appeal to you, at least have the dignity to keep your mouth shut.
    It's all good in the woods.

Images

Here's mine:

tattoo.jpg
    Section hiker on the 20 year plan - 2,078 miles and counting!

Here are a few of my Trail Tats and earned on various trips---

TRIP 92 123-L.jpg
    This one came from coming down the South Fork Citico thru and hitting a blowdown stob.

TRIP 137 180-L.jpg
    This one happened crossing Flats Mt in TN thru a briar field.

TRIP 81 035-L.jpg
    This is my backpacking buddy Generoll's arm after coming down Beaverdam Bald to the BMT.

TRIP 107 172-L.jpg
    This is what happens when you posthole thru 3 ft of deep snow in shorts---Trail rash and leg tats. Yes, ice and snow can abrade the skin.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRock View Post
    Let's try to be a little more accepting, people.

Personally, I'll probably never get a tattoo, because in my 30+ years I've never even come close to seeing anything I liked so much that I wanted it permanently drawn on my skin.

But some people like their tattoos, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Even if it doesn't appeal to you, at least have the dignity to keep your mouth shut.
    People keeping mouth shut and coddling everyone, is whats wrong with world today.

You have right to do what you want with your body. Ill fight for that right for you.

Others have right to laugh and ridicule you. Ill fight for that right for them too.

Telling people to keep opinions to self is always wrong . Its the opposite opinions that keep things in balance.

Whether or not people speak out, theres a lot of people that judge you based on public appearance . If dont realize that, your closing your own doors. Doors to jobs, life partners, etc. Permanently altering public appearance radically, should not be undertaken lightly imo. And certanly not after a few drinks...

But that ssid, this topic is not about pros and cons of getting a tattoo......
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 08-18-2017 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Here are a few of my Trail Tats and earned on various trips---

TRIP 92 123-L.jpg
    This one came from coming down the South Fork Citico thru and hitting a blowdown stob.

TRIP 137 180-L.jpg
    This one happened crossing Flats Mt in TN thru a briar field.

TRIP 81 035-L.jpg
    This is my backpacking buddy Generoll's arm after coming down Beaverdam Bald to the BMT.

TRIP 107 172-L.jpg
    This is what happens when you posthole thru 3 ft of deep snow in shorts---Trail rash and leg tats. Yes, ice and snow can abrade the skin.
    Now those are tats I'd be proud to wear!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    People keeping mouth shut and coddling everyone, is whats wrong with world today.
    Telling people to keep opinions to self is always wrong. Its the opposite opinions that keep things in balance.
    I beg to differ - people opening their mouth when they shouldn't is exactly what's wrong with the world today.

Used to happen a lot less before the internet came around... just sayin'.
    It's all good in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRock View Post
    I beg to differ - people opening their mouth when they shouldn't is exactly what's wrong with the world today.

Used to happen a lot less before the internet came around... just sayin'.
    People expressing their opinions on cultural fads and more serious topics has gone on far longer than the internet has been around.

Just another dumb ass comment by a dumbass commenter...done it myself from time to time.

Thanks everyone. Some of you actually addressed my original question, request.
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++