WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I started my hike with a used iphone 4. The camera was terrible, the battery life was terrible, it couldn't run Guthook well. It was like carrying a small rock.

I got a Moto X 2, which has an excellent camera, good battery life, and otherwise suits my needs. I signed up for month to month Verizon at $45 exactly for 1Gb of data, which was more than sufficient for my hike. I texted a lot of pictures to family to update them where I was, and involve them in my hike. I didn't download videos are do a whole lot of web surfing.

Journal Entries

I have a 2nd gen moto x.(2014)
    very good ex-flagship phone and you can get a used one for $75 or less even now
    the 16G memory on mine is too small to upgrade to marshmallow, battery is too small 2300 mah. Camera colors can be over-saturated sometimes.
    Aside from that, Id keep it till it didnt work if the battery and memory was better. Processor still good enough 3 yrs later..
    I have to delete lots of stuff before hiking a few weeks to free up room for a few hundred pics..... Of course I have a few apps and books.

Lots of motos

Paying month to month on a plan feels poor

I just love my phone and evidently I am unable to switch networks with it. It's an older iphone5 - 7+ years old. I guess I'm stuck with AT&T???
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster View Post
    Lots of motos

Paying month to month on a plan feels poor
    Mine renews automatically and I get a warning when my data usage is near the limit. I was paying $35 a month on a two year plan for a flip phone at one point in my life. It's less about being poor, and more about controlling your own plan and budget, without getting locked into a long term that's annoyingly hard to get out of.

Journal Entries

I pay 33 / mo for 5 gb data, verizon native service ia total wireless , unlimited texts/calls. 10 for 5gb more if run out.
    Automatically recharges. What i give up is no roaming to other networks, speeds capped. Not a probkem.

My family...pays 40 /mo each (3 persons)for 2gb data on ATT family plan, because my daughter is grandfathered with unlimited data.....and. She uses it. And wife pays by mo for the ridiculous $700 phones.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 08-19-2017 at 18:40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++